• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

ShadowFrog

Moderators
tenor.gif
Peace,
Don’t make me vacation you for posting KFC board meeting pictures.
SF

talor

Looking for fender bender advice.

Got backed into in the parking garage at work by a co-worker. I stayed calm even though the incident was idiotic on her part. She gave me a business card and I asked her to scan her insurance info and send it to me. She has stated she would prefer not to issue an insurance claim. Damage is very minimal, you have to be within 1-2 feet and have the light hit it right to see, but it formed a 2-3: tall verical crease in my plastic fender. I suppose I'll get it looked at for an estimate.

Can I just get reimbursed via check for the damages etc? What would you guys do in this situation?

Eight

Got backed into in the parking garage at work by a co-worker. I stayed calm even though the incident was idiotic on her part. She gave me a business card and I asked her to scan her insurance info and send it to me. She has stated she would prefer not to issue an insurance claim. Damage is very minimal, you have to be within 1-2 feet and have the light hit it right to see, but it formed a 2-3: tall verical crease in my plastic fender. I suppose I'll get it looked at for an estimate.

Can I just get reimbursed via check for the damages etc? What would you guys do in this situation?

how new is the vehicle?

if the vehicle has any of the auto breaking or lane drift systems those sensors can get damaged without significant visible damage and the system may not notify you there is a problem until you expect for the system to work.

Last edited:

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA

Yeah as eight said, make sure there's not hidden damage. But as long as it's just cosmetic I wouldn't hesitate to take a check that covers the repair. I've done that before actually.

Purp

Yeah as eight said, make sure there's not hidden damage. But as long as it's just cosmetic I wouldn't hesitate to take a check that covers the repair. I've done that before actually.
I've been in a similar situation to @satis1103 and it worked fine. If she'd rather pay you out of pocket I'd be sure to get a good estimate first to make sure there isn't any other damage you can't see behind the bumper. In my case the sensors were slightly damaged and I couldn't tell so that increased the cost on the estimate. In that case they changed their mind and filed the insurance claim.

In another incident a mom at the day care backed into my wife's care similarly to what you described. Her daughter was in my son's class for years so we knew them fairly well. She and her husband wrote us a check after we got the estimate and then we never got the work done. I told my wife we could pay to get the repair done and someone else would hit us a year later and we'll have to do all the same stuff again. We couldn't even tell it had happened after we buffed out the other car's paint.

ShadowFrog

Moderators

Take the $ & run

talor

how new is the vehicle?

if the vehicle has any of the auto breaking or lane drift systems those sensors can get damaged without significant visible damage and the system may not notify you there is a problem until you expect for the system to work.
2013 135i. No parking sensors or cameras or laser speed control system stuff.

Eight

2013 135i. No parking sensors or cameras or laser speed control system stuff.

as others have noted i would have someone you can trust take a look, but would bet the repair would be minimal.

most likely she is wanting to keep off their history as even zero dollar claims get factored in when you collect enough of them

Frog-in-law1995

Tech fans at the Los Vaquero bar just ordered “3 shots of your finest reposado.”

”uuuuh, we have Cuervo 1800.”

“Great!”

They were toasting tonight’s win, so I stayed quiet.