• The KillerFrogs

Would anyone want to see TCU play USC?

TRF51

We would love it but GP would probably be against it. I am sure the players would love it as well but GP thinks it is going to hold us back from playing in the Play Offs which probably will never happen anyways.

WhatTheFrog

I understand what you’re saying, but when was the last time that happened to TCU?
Purdue last season. Not that they walked all over us on the field, but they did on scheduling. When do we get them here, if they even honor the commitment?

We got hosed on the home and home with The State of Ohio. Now, we got hosed on the home and home agreement with Purdue. It's time we get some satisfaction with a home game with a somewhat at least decent opponent for those season ticket holders that have been waiting for years to bring a "big name" opponent to AGCS.

WhatTheFrog

We would love it but GP would probably be against it. I am sure the players would love it as well but GP thinks it is going to hold us back from playing in the Play Offs which probably will never happen anyways.
You almost have to go undefeated to get there. If we lost a single game to a USC early in the season (which you shouldn't do if you're the best in the country) and went undefeated in conference including CCG, I'd say we are in. Winning is key (obviously).

HToady

I understand what you’re saying, but when was the last time that happened to TCU?
TCU is a big boy school and needs to start acting like one. Aren't we about the same size as USC? Doesn't our stadium serve the same market as Jerryworld? Do our season ticket holders hold the same value to our school as theirs do to them?

AS far as I'm concerned, they can come here to AGC or play UC Davis. Not going to see them in a "one and done" at Jerryworld or the Colesium.

Frogenstein

Patterson has a point. Just look at Baylor last season their out of conference schedule was SFA, UTSA and Rice. Talk about a murder’s row lineup and they probably would have ended up in the playoffs, even with one loss, if they had beaten OU in the Big 12 Championship game. It stinks but if that is the system there isn’t much to gain playing tough out of conference games.

jake102

Patterson has a point. Just look at Baylor last season their out of conference schedule was SFA, UTSA and Rice. Talk about a murder’s row lineup and they probably would have ended up in the playoffs, even with one loss, if they had beaten OU in the Big 12 Championship game. It stinks but if that is the system there isn’t much to gain playing tough out of conference games.

Yep. The only time OOC is going to matter is if there is another school with the exact same record and CCG competing against us.

Planks

Purdue last season. Not that they walked all over us on the field, but they did on scheduling. When do we get them here, if they even honor the commitment?

We got hosed on the home and home with The State of Ohio. Now, we got hosed on the home and home agreement with Purdue. It's time we get some satisfaction with a home game with a somewhat at least decent opponent for those season ticket holders that have been waiting for years to bring a "big name" opponent to AGCS.

Hasn’t it been well established that TCU, not Ohio State wanted out of the home and home? I believe Patterson even mentioned not wanting to play Ohio State twice.

West Coast Johnny

Would I like to see this? Yes. By scheduling quality FBS opponents, USC is showing us how big time college football schedules. Contrast that with our schedule that includes SMU & FCS every fricking year.

Will it happen? No. Patterson's scheduling routine is FCS, SMU and then a 'stretch' major conference home & home. Seems like 'stretch' isn't very stretchy as our schedule is clogged with mid level major conference opponents. He probably isn't changing.