• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

CryptoMiner

Kid got lost in the shuffle after missing his junior year with knee injury but starting to get interest from several schools including TCU

Darryle Evans RB 5-11/195/4.53 Hahnville HS (Boutte LA) 1400 yds and 28 TDs rushing on 229 carries, 19 rec for 350 yds and 4 TDs

Moose Stuff

Kinda odd to me that we’ve all of a sudden decided to start pursuing a few HS RBs. Especially considering we apparently told Richardson he was the only one we were taking. Seems like there is something to be read into this though I’m not exactly sure what.....change in offensive strategy? Someone is leaving? Someone is hurt? Someone isn’t as good as we thought? None of the above?

PO Frog

Kinda odd to me that we’ve all of a sudden decided to start pursuing a few HS RBs. Especially considering we apparently told Richardson he was the only one we were taking. Seems like there is something to be read into this though I’m not exactly sure what.....change in offensive strategy? Someone is leaving? Someone is hurt? Someone isn’t as good as we thought? None of the above?
You need three backs to run the Jerry Kill Wing T.

Moose Stuff

I think it’s just a depth play, not sure why it’s crazy to have:

Demarcado
Barlow
Foster
Richardson
.....and a “project”

I didn’t say it was crazy. I said it was curious that we all of a sudden started pursuing other backs. It wouldn’t have been curious at all had we been pursuing 2 HS backs in this class all along.

Purp

Wouldn’t shock me if Demarcado left which would make sense about them going after another back
This is my thinking. I'm pretty sure the sudden change indicates someone is transferring out and I'm hopeful it isn't Barlow or Foster. I feel it's unlikely one of them would look to transfer this early knowing they'll get a bunch of carries next year. That leaves Demarcado.

ThisIsOurTime

I didn’t say it was crazy. I said it was curious that we all of a sudden started pursuing other backs. It wouldn’t have been curious at all had we been pursuing 2 HS backs in this class all along.
Maybe they are looking to put a couple of them in the slot. Since we have a new Inside Receivers coach, this could make sense.

Froggish

This is my thinking. I'm pretty sure the sudden change indicates someone is transferring out and I'm hopeful it isn't Barlow or Foster. I feel it's unlikely one of them would look to transfer this early knowing they'll get a bunch of carries next year. That leaves Demarcado.

DeMarcado seems to be tough and a good teammate but he’s a long way from home and his only real contribution was on special teams