• The KillerFrogs

Fuente said to be lead candidate for Baylor job

BearlyAFrog

That's what I love about KFC, Aranda is easily considered one of the top coordinators in the country but as soon as he gets hired by Baylor its: he doesn't recruit, LSU has great athletes so he doesn't deserve any credit for their accomplishments. Some of you guys are going full blown purple aggie.

NewFrogFan

So was Chavis when he was at LSU

Chavis was dead in the water LONG before they hired Arranda. 2 consecutive rush 3 drop 8 who wont cover 5, prevent the win games in a row at LSU, against Alabama, convinced me he was done. 2 complete chokes. He crashed and burned at A&M and Ark after that.

Last edited:

NewFrogFan

That's what I love about KFC, Aranda is easily considered one of the top coordinators in the country but as soon as he gets hired by Baylor its: he doesn't recruit, LSU has great athletes so he doesn't deserve any credit for their accomplishments. Some of you guys are going full blown purple aggie.

Just so you know, as an LSU grad I only check about 6 of their forums, Arandas name did not pop up as the recruiting deal closer. LSU won because of offense, like the Big 12, he figured out how to get a couple of “stops” every game.

HFrog1999

50d30418bd24c7c4a1148fea5b299a7b.gif

Peacefrog

Degenerate
That’s what I love about Sicem365, Patterson is one of the top coaches in the country but as soon as he beats Baylor handily it’s: Fatterson, he runs a dirty program, he yells too much, blah blah blah.

Welcome to the internet, kid.

And the Baylor Line is probably the worst thing ever. That and rape. And Briles. And Baylor.

flyfishingfrog

He doesn’t like to recruit- that is a well known fact

Of the three in homes my grandson had with LSU before signing - Aranda wasn’t in one of them despite the fact that my grandson plays that side of the ball. LB coach, DL coach, CB coach, RB coach (who owns our area overall) and head coach - but no DC

so his dad asked if they were really interested in his son- he was told by a staff member directly Aranda didn’t spend a lot of time on the trail and instead used his position coaches to do reach out to recruits

He is a solid DC - just think it will be interesting because he will be vital to Baylor recruiting as an HC - just look at how crappy your class is this year because Rhule didn’t even try (he was also known to not like recruiting which was a major reason he wanted back in the NFL supposedly)

BearlyAFrog

Patterson is
That’s what I love about Sicem365, Patterson is one of the top coaches in the country but as soon as he beats Baylor handily it’s: Fatterson, he runs a dirty program, he yells too much, blah blah blah.

Welcome to the internet, kid.

And the Baylor Line is probably the worst thing ever. That and rape. And Briles. And Baylor.

Patterson is EASILY one of the top defensive minds in the country, I'm not so sure about about top coaches simply because of his stubbornness to adapt on offense. His unwillingness to make necessary coaching changes and his unwillingness to give up offensive control to those who don't share his dreams of winning every game 13-7. As for him personally, he does yell too much, he does throw players under the bus sometimes, and the towel girl is the most underpaid position in all of college sports.

BearlyAFrog

He doesn’t like to recruit- that is a well known fact

Of the three in homes my grandson had with LSU before signing - Aranda wasn’t in one of them despite the fact that my grandson plays that side of the ball. LB coach, DL coach, CB coach, RB coach (who owns our area overall) and head coach - but no DC

so his dad asked if they were really interested in his son- he was told by a staff member directly Aranda didn’t spend a lot of time on the trail and instead used his position coaches to do reach out to recruits

He is a solid DC - just think it will be interesting because he will be vital to Baylor recruiting as an HC - just look at how crappy your class is this year because Rhule didn’t even try (he was also known to not like recruiting which was a major reason he wanted back in the NFL supposedly)

This is the reason why I hope McGuire is retained. Rhule's staff was good, Snow was good, but Maguire is the reason a guy from New York and Pennsylvania could recruit to Baylor in Texas. Joey is loved by a lot of Texas high school coaches and his relationships got Rhules foot in the door of a lot of homes it otherwise wouldn't have.

Zubaz

Patterson is EASILY one of the top defensive minds in the country, I'm not so sure about about top coaches simply because of his stubbornness to adapt on offense.
Patterson has more Top 10 finishes just during his time in the Big 12 (3) as Baylor does in their entire football history (2). That doesn't include the 4 others he has prior to joining the Big 12 either.

Denying that he's a top coach is bonkers.