• The KillerFrogs

TCU remains in play for Aledo 4-star receiver

Mean Purple

Very surprised at these comments. Jase started at Aledo BFORE middle school. Want to know why families move to Aledo so their boys can play football? Academic rating. Guys, admit it, momma drives the boat and if the academic standard was low (Aledo is a de facto prep school like SLC and HP) momma would not allow a move. Just ask Johnathan Gray's mother (sweet lady, BTW). But here is why they win. I did an interview with Coach Buchanan and asked the same question for the article's sake and he had a very interesting and profound answer. "The parents let us push the kids hard, really hard, and you don't get that at most other schools." There you have it. Conspiracy theories now shot to the ground.
There is also residential development moving more and more to that area. Another very legit reason for other students to be moving into that ISD.

Realtorfrog

Very surprised at these comments. Jase started at Aledo BFORE middle school. Want to know why families move to Aledo so their boys can play football? Academic rating. Guys, admit it, momma drives the boat and if the academic standard was low (Aledo is a de facto prep school like SLC and HP) momma would not allow a move. Just ask Johnathan Gray's mother (sweet lady, BTW). But here is why they win. I did an interview with Coach Buchanan and asked the same question for the article's sake and he had a very interesting and profound answer. "The parents let us push the kids hard, really hard, and you don't get that at most other schools." There you have it. Conspiracy theories now shot to the ground.
Yes it’s well known that they recruit however it’s more than the recruits they bring in that are flashy athletes. The ones that grow up there run the same system since middle school. They know exactly where they should be on every play. Not great athletes but consistent and dedicated. It will be interesting once the new high school is finally opened. It was supposed to be in 2018 and that was squashed quickly.

Yes it’s well known that they recruit however it’s more than the recruits they bring in that are flashy athletes. The ones that grow up there run the same system since middle school. They know exactly where they should be on every play. Not great athletes but consistent and dedicated. It will be interesting once the new high school is finally opened. It was supposed to be in 2018 and that was squashed quickly.
Would really love to see how you arrived at 2018? Uh, I have been covering Aledo iSD school board meetings since 2008 and 2025 WAS the earliest date for the new high school but that has been put on hold. 2018? Aledo plays in small-schools division in Class 5A and has 1,800 kids in high school. If you are not even a 6A why would you build two high schools? I showed this comment to an Aledo administrator and (he or she) laughed (he or her) butt off. Please do not post something you don't know anything about. Rumors or what your uninformed neighbor told you do not count. 2018? So freaking laughable. Check your facts next time. I think you mean the new middle school. Yes, there will be a new MS built since the bond passed in November. And the area and the high academic school district self recruits. The recruiting accusations are so tiring. Jealousy is not a good quality for an adult.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
All I can tell y’all, is both of my daughters look good in their Aledo HS letter jackets.
g250255_u93359_chris.jpg

NewFrogFan

Aledo recruits poor disadvantaged black players from disenfranchised communities and pays for them to move to Aledo. Then acts like their football success is home grown and organic.

This is cheating.

scheiss Aledo and those smug uptight uppity [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ]. They could never win with actual homegrown talent so they pluck it from other communities.Sucks for the other 5A schools who dont recruit and play by the rules.

So are the Denton, Argyle, Brock, Southlake schools doing the same? Parker county real estate still is a much better value than anywhere in Tarrant County. I have lived in Keller since 93, cant wait to get out, I would buy a place in Aledo in a heartbeat.

Atomic Frawg

Aledo recruits poor disadvantaged black players from disenfranchised communities and pays for them to move to Aledo. Then acts like their football success is home grown and organic.

This is cheating.

scheiss Aledo and those smug uptight uppity [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ]. They could never win with actual homegrown talent so they pluck it from other communities.Sucks for the other 5A schools who dont recruit and play by the rules.
JoJo's father is not poor, nor did JoJo grow up disadvantaged or in a disenfranchised community. His father is college educated and self-employed. Thank you for your input. If you would like to meet him let me know. I'm sure you'd have an interesting conversation.

flyfishingfrog

I was with you right up to when you compared Aledo High to Highland Park....

take out all the magnet and charter schools from any rankings list and you still have about 100 high schools ranked between HP and Aledo

good school and district - but if you are going to go off on all the people that overplay the recruiting BS then stop overplaying Aledo High academic results

Last edited:

BABYFACE

JoJo's father is not poor, nor did JoJo grow up disadvantaged or in a disenfranchised community. His father is college educated and self-employed. Thank you for your input. If you would like to meet him let me know. I'm sure you'd have an interesting conversation.
Thank you atomic.

There are middle class and upper middle class black families that live in Aledo. Also, a few wealthy ones.

Parents flock out that way for a better quality of life, schools and sports.

Realtorfrog

Would really love to see how you arrived at 2018? Uh, I have been covering Aledo iSD school board meetings since 2008 and 2025 WAS the earliest date for the new high school but that has been put on hold. 2018? Aledo plays in small-schools division in Class 5A and has 1,800 kids in high school. If you are not even a 6A why would you build two high schools? I showed this comment to an Aledo administrator and (he or she) laughed (he or her) butt off. Please do not post something you don't know anything about. Rumors or what your uninformed neighbor told you do not count. 2018? So freaking laughable. Check your facts next time. I think you mean the new middle school. Yes, there will be a new MS built since the bond passed in November. And the area and the high academic school district self recruits. The recruiting accusations are so tiring. Jealousy is not a good quality for an adult.
The date was given to a group of Realtors by the developers several years ago. This was when the ground was just breaking...., it was actually the day the overpass was approved by TxDOT.

Pharm Frog

The date was given to a group of Realtors by the developers several years ago. This was when the ground was just breaking...., it was actually the day the overpass was approved by TxDOT.

I admit that I was much more aware of the plans for the county and the city but was pretty familiar with the school district planning back as early as 2001-2. Not once did I hear anything about the possibility of an additional high last decade. Father of Pharm was a consultant for an architectural firm that specialized in schools and colleges and he most definitely would have known.

2themax

I can't say the recruiting/pay thing is entirely untrue.
I have known a couple of families who have done it.
Not in Aledo though.