• The KillerFrogs

Jerry Kill officially added

Diehard

This does not look like a good solution. (Hope I am wrong)

So GP brings his longtime best friend in to over see a OC that has been screwing up play calling for the past two years. This looks like the perfect recipe for a lot of turmoil on the offensive side of the ball. Isn't it much more likely that Cumbie grows resentful of being lorded over and second guessed by Gary's best friend, than this be a cordial, constructive relationship?

Point taken. On the other hand I think this is a message from GP simply saying I'm still in charge and its on me. I run the football program....Not the AD, not the board of trustees, not the alumni, not Killer Frogs ( though maybe we should be) etc. Not always a bad thing. Ask Tom Herman how he feels about Alumni and other's interference.

Eight

Point taken. On the other hand I think this is a message from GP simply saying I'm still in charge and its on me. I run the football program....Not the AD, not the board of trustees, not the alumni, not Killer Frogs ( though maybe we should be) etc. Not always a bad thing. Ask Tom Herman how he feels about Alumni and other's interference.

there is an idea i would love to see play out for a week.

can you imagine the [ clusterfarg ] if killer frogs ran the offense and we were trying to come to a consensus for the game plan let along scripting the first 10 plays or so

Eight

The best way to understand what's going on with the coaching staff is to compare our football program to a Mafia family. Patterson is the "don" or the "boss." He has now hired Kill to be his highly-trusted "consigliere." Cumbie remains a "capo" with the other offensive coaches being Cumbie's "soldiers," including Meacham, who used to be a capo but who's now been demoted (a possible source of intra-family tension, obviously).

In a Mafia family, the consigliere never tells a capo what to do but, if a capo screws up, the consigliere tells the boss about it and advises the boss how to handle the situation. This whole arrangement is not hard to understand, I just hope it works.

(Perhaps my Mafia analogy was coincidentally inspired by Kill's last name and Cumbie's first name. Although, given the ineptness of our offense recently, perhaps Cumbie should change his first name from Sonny to Fredo. And I'm afraid what we may need in the end is a Michael Corleone to come out of nowhere and save the family).

so does that mean rusty burns is abe vigoda's character?

Dogfrog

My expectation of Kill is simple - to make our offense tougher, which has been missing for a while. Our OL and receivers have appeared very soft for a couple years. I think Kill can contribute directly to the running game. Also think he can contribute by demanding a cohesive game plan and help with real time play calling consensus, for example allowing some DM ideas to filter in where needed.

H0RNEDFR0G

As some have pointed out, the run/pass chart I posted earlier is not the entire story. To elaborate on our passing issues, I made this chart.

3NQBgOM

Just to clarify, the information is not TCU vs OU matchups. It represents the season totals of each team.

The gap is widening between us and OU. If we want to keep them from winning 10 straight B12 chips we have to address our passing game.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

My expectation of Kill is simple - to make our offense tougher, which has been missing for a while. Our OL and receivers have appeared very soft for a couple years. I think Kill can contribute directly to the running game. Also think he can contribute by demanding a cohesive game plan and help with real time play calling consensus, for example allowing some DM ideas to filter in where needed.
Our O line has not been playing grumpy enough.

May GP will listen to Kill.

TooColdU

As some have pointed out, the run/pass chart I posted earlier is not the entire story. To elaborate on our passing issues, I made this chart.

3NQBgOM

Just to clarify, the information is not TCU vs OU matchups. It represents the season totals of each team.

The gap is widening between us and OU. If we want to keep them from winning 10 straight B12 chips we have to address our passing game.

Jerry Kill thinks limiting turnovers and controlling the time of possession are the keys to a good offense. He also thinks a strong running game is necessary to open up the passing game.

fanatical frog

3NQBgOM

No doubt about that....and while we're at it we should work on getting a pass rush......Jalen H. could have peeled a grape with the time he had to select a target.

Atomic Frawg

3NQBgOM

What's the sample size?