• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

asleep003

Why have 2 position coaches for the normally 4 positions at WR... and one
position coach for, by far, the most important 5 positions outside the QB.

Last edited:

asleep003

Perhaps KFC could put together an “Ask Gary” get together where we meet for dinner and drinks (maybe he could even host us) and after we eat he answers all our questions. Ryann, can you get on that please?
Brilliant ! Maybe GP would bring his previously failed OL position coach along to dine too. But probably best I shouldn't show up, if he does attend ... Ha Ha!

Eight

- Where would Meacham be most valuable... If we cannot protect the QB,..
- Why would one be more concerned about WRs tutelage, over OL's needs.
- WRs have so much more game time experience and depth over the OL.
- Plus, Malcolm Kelly is already there for the outside WRs

do you know the last time meacham coached the offensive line?

Eight

When you were a quality OL athlete and an OC for several years, you probably are on top of those position players techniques and duties better than most anyone else. ...

you know he was a quality offensive line "athlete"

i mean scottie played offensive line for the frogs, but the most athletic he did might have been some of those old videos he did with wes

Frog-in-law1995

but....if the guys on the ticket say it should be possible......well case closed

Oh, is that how it works?

So a two-time national coach of the year thinks a guy he has worked side-by-side with practically every day for two decades is capable of coaching a position he’s already seen him have success coaching, but some anonymous guy on the Internet says it’s a bad idea, so Gary must be wrong. Got it.

Eight

Oh, is that how it works?

So a two-time national coach of the year thinks a guy he has worked side-by-side with practically every day for two decades is capable of coaching a position he’s already seen him have success coaching, but some anonymous guy on the Internet says it’s a bad idea, so Gary must be wrong. Got it.

curious, if we did a little research and compared the work history of every offensive line coach in the 5 major conferences how many of those coaches split time between three different offensive positions at the same school?

how many of those offensive line coaches with say 20+ years coaching in college spent roughly 25% of their time coaching offensive line?

now, just because no one else might have done something doesn't always mean it is a bad idea, but when you are talking about one of the most technically difficult position groups on the field to coach and the success in our offense often times is dependent on the ability to get five individuals to work in harmony.....maybe, just maybe this isn't a case of following the status quo.

as i said i know a few guys who have and still do coach offensive line and while they never won a national coach of the year award they have coached for a few conference champions, won some major bowls, coached in the nfl, coached a few hofers, and one guy has a super bowl ring and it isn't how they would do it, but then again who are any of us to doubt gary right?

Dogfrog

curious, if we did a little research and compared the work history of every offensive line coach in the 5 major conferences how many of those coaches split time between three different offensive positions at the same school?

how many of those offensive line coaches with say 20+ years coaching in college spent roughly 25% of their time coaching offensive line?

now, just because no one else might have done something doesn't always mean it is a bad idea, but when you are talking about one of the most technically difficult position groups on the field to coach and the success in our offense often times is dependent on the ability to get five individuals to work in harmony.....maybe, just maybe this isn't a case of following the status quo.

as i said i know a few guys who have and still do coach offensive line and while they never won a national coach of the year award they have coached for a few conference champions, won some major bowls, coached in the nfl, coached a few hofers, and one guy has a super bowl ring and it isn't how they would do it, but then again who are any of us to doubt gary right?

How many of those theoretical assistants have spent 21 seasons coaching at one school? Please stop.

Eight

How many of those theoretical assistants have spent 21 seasons coaching at one school? Please stop.

please stop what?

i thought the point of this board was to discuss things involving tcu athletics.

did i say anderson was a bad coach? did i say he should be fired? anderson is a loyal foot soldier which has its value. i do find it interesting that some how spending 21 years at one coaching job is a badge of honor.

he is in a safe and comfortable position so why would he leave?

what i merely pointed out is that gary seems to have opted to go a bit of a different direction from a good number of his peers on this matter.

no different than when gary opted to not have a full time position coach for the linebackers and instead he went with a ga for two seasons. not sure i can recall many other programs that have done that as well.