• The KillerFrogs

2019-2020 TCU basketball thread

boonecountyman

I'd be fine if Bello starts in Morgantown and Dennis only plays the 2. I'm afraid Dennis will have 8 turnovers against that press. The reason I think we can give them a game is bc our defense is very good too. Could be an ugly slugfest.
WVU doesn't do the press as in the past.They play excellent half court defense and have 12 man rotation with good height inside.They have not been shooting well lately but are capable of a breakout game.An ugly game would probably not bother them much.

Eight

statistically the frogs in the last three games have shot the ball far better from 3 than any other similar time period this year and bane has been ridiculous in conference play

additionally, ok state was historically bad from 3, kstate is bad, and isu shot the ball terribly as well.

over time numbers tend to each their appropriate levels, but what is key is the confidence the frogs gained in those first two wins. consider the confidence tcu played with against okstate while the cowboys at 0-2 coming into the game looked like a drowning man on offense.

the other big thing is the frogs have consistently played hard on the defensive end which is great. the shooting will come and go, foul calls will go against you at times etc...but you can play consistently hard on the defensive end and the frogs have done that.

wvuv is going to be interesting because aside from being damn good they will be the first team since xavier that will try to physically intimidate the frogs. do the frogs respond or do they go into a shell?

wvu also will be the first team in a bit that can stress the frogs at the 4 defensively and in this run of six games they frogs are going to see other team who are very physical on the perimeter defense and can attack the four.

right now with the 3 wins the frogs stand in good position to win 8+ games in conference play without beating one of the top 4.

a big key for me in these next string of games is not beating wvu, tech, baylor, or kansas but not letting a loss in these games derail the positive things they frogs have been doing these past three games

Pharm Frog

statistically the frogs in the last three games have shot the ball far better from 3 than any other similar time period this year and bane has been ridiculous in conference play

additionally, ok state was historically bad from 3, kstate is bad, and isu shot the ball terribly as well.

over time numbers tend to each their appropriate levels, but what is key is the confidence the frogs gained in those first two wins. consider the confidence tcu played with against okstate while the cowboys at 0-2 coming into the game looked like a drowning man on offense.

the other big thing is the frogs have consistently played hard on the defensive end which is great. the shooting will come and go, foul calls will go against you at times etc...but you can play consistently hard on the defensive end and the frogs have done that.

wvuv is going to be interesting because aside from being damn good they will be the first team since xavier that will try to physically intimidate the frogs. do the frogs respond or do they go into a shell?

wvu also will be the first team in a bit that can stress the frogs at the 4 defensively and in this run of six games they frogs are going to see other team who are very physical on the perimeter defense and can attack the four.

right now with the 3 wins the frogs stand in good position to win 8+ games in conference play without beating one of the top 4.

a big key for me in these next string of games is not beating wvu, tech, baylor, or kansas but not letting a loss in these games derail the positive things they frogs have been doing these past three games
The 4 position is what has given me the most concern. I’m not even sure how we’d attempt to deal with a strong 4 on either end of the court.

Eight

The 4 position is what has given me the most concern. I’m not even sure how we’d attempt to deal with a strong 4 on either end of the court.

this will be interesting.

so far, no one in conference has had the personnel nor the inclination to attack the frogs at the four down low offensively or pound the frogs on the offensive board.

that changes in morgantown so does dixon go to a zone?

the frogs don't run off misses much so i think they can ask bane, rj, fuller, etc...to drop back and help with rebounding, but that gets tricky in the timing. drop to quickly and the player on the 3-pt line you had covered now gets a clear look.

Latest posts