• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Palliative Care

would you go to a general practitioner to have bypass surgery?
An interesting question. My GP diagnosed my Aortic Stenosis and sent me to a cardiologist to do some studies. He then sent me to a thoracic surgeon for my open heart surgery.
I believe that is called team work.

Froggish

I am a little worried Wes Harris won't ever be healthy. Hopefully just bad luck so far but he has missed a whole bunch of time.

Which really sucks because it’s been said by numerous folks around the program that a healthy Wes has all conference talent

Eight

That's taking it pretty far outside the confines of the analogy. A QB knows how a TE needs to be on a blocking scheme, on a pass routes and alignment. People act as if the only great coaches are the ones who played THAT position and couldn't possibly learn along the way.

a qb would know the routes, a qb would know the plays, but would a qb know the tricks to gain a release from the line of scrimmage? would they know the tricks to running routes?

maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't and there is no guarantee having played the position in no way guarantees they can teach the position.

in the case of the offensive, there might not be any more technical position to coach on the field than the offensive line because not only are you working to develop the individual technique and talent of your players, but you also have to get five individuals to see the same thing, to move in coordination, to make the same site adjustments.

couple of friends who were an offensive line coach (1 in the nfl and 1 in college and the nfl) and another who has coached in high school in college have talked about how encompassing the knowledge is required of the coach who has this position.

a defensive line can function like a jazz trio or quartet where a player of two freelances as long as the job gets done but a good offensive line has to function like a quintet with everyone in harmony

then add in play design, scheme etc... and there is a very good reason you rarely find offensive line coaches whose career includes multiple other positions

but....if the guys on the ticket say it should be possible......well case closed

asleep003

Lanz
B Brown
Burnette
W Harris
K Dike
M. Williams
In my opinion a couple of guys from the above group are going to have to step up...Anyone know anything about them? OL is the hardest to get any information on.

Just another example of a desperate need for a marquis teacher for these deserving young athletes and our deserving fans.