• The KillerFrogs

Praise for Blacklock....

froginmn

Ahh yes, the old elbow by the goalpost story. It’s a tale as old as time.
q8OEC91NiJOpghWI9hXtC27nFX0.jpg

What Up Toad

Not seeing a thread to discuss it, but Gladney seems to be picking up some steam among some of the experts. I've seen him go as high as #13 in some people's mocks. With Ohio State's Wade not coming back, he's being looked at as a possible top 3 CB.

Atomic Frawg

Daniel Jeremiah mock draft has Blacklock at #27 to Seattle...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...iah-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-four-qbs-in-top-15

PICK

Ross Blacklock - DT

School: TCU | Year: Junior (RS)

Blacklock is one of my favorite prospects in the class. He's a much better player than former teammate L.J. Collier, whom the Seahawksselected in the first round last year.
I wouldn't be surprised by this move. Seattle does love itself some Horned Frogs. In Gary they trusts.

Atomic Frawg

I'm just saying as an organization there have been a bunch of Horned Frogs to wear their gear: Curtis Fuller, David Hawthorne, Clint Gresham, Jawaun Johnson, Casey McDermott-Vai, Boykin, LJ, Joey Hunt. They may have suited up more Frogs than any other franchise. To me, that means they like our products if but generally.

CountryFrog

Collier was a pretty big bust this year for them
It's one year, but LJ was a slow starter in college for whatever reason too. Combine that with a few early injuries and that's what happens. If year 2 goes the same then you can probably put him in the bust category. And sometimes it's just not a good fit. Jerry Hughes looked like a definite bust in Indy, then goes to Buffalo and has had a terrific career.

JugbandFrog

It's one year, but LJ was a slow starter in college for whatever reason too. Combine that with a few early injuries and that's what happens. If year 2 goes the same then you can probably put him in the bust category. And sometimes it's just not a good fit. Jerry Hughes looked like a definite bust in Indy, then goes to Buffalo and has had a terrific career.
But, to not even be active in most of the games. That is no bueno. You don’t use a 1-3 pick on a player (QB excluded) that doesn’t play.

Eight

Collier was a pretty big bust this year for them

big driver for the sea hawks was frank clark was leaving and they were wanting a pass rusher.

hawks then traded for clowney and picked up a free agent and then collier had the ankle sprain that put him behind in camp.

nfl does very, very little contact once the season starts so it is really tough to develop technique etc...

lj does fit the body type the hawks look for at defensive end and it will be interesting to see how he progresses in year 2.

CountryFrog

But, to not even be active in most of the games. That is no bueno. You don’t use a 1-3 pick on a player (QB excluded) that doesn’t play.
Obviously, but again, the injury played a factor and Eight outlined how difficult that can be as a rookie to overcome when you aren't able to take part in camp.

He's certainly on the hot seat in 2020, though, regardless of any of that.