• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs OSU Game Thread

tetonfrog

Frogs continue to surprise me. Win easily when KS is scoreless? Can't believe that. Dez is playing great.He controlled the game in the half court and Bello was sharp from downtown..

OSU is really bad, but who cares? We might not be able to match up with BU, KU or Tech, but we can play with anyone else. JD has them playing strong D, although it helps when OSU goes 2-19 from 3. It was also good to see TCU make 12-16 from the FT line. Wonder what our record is when we shoot over 70% from the line?

It is cool to 3-0 and tied for first. Even the mighty Jayhawks are looking up at us now. Can't wait to see how we play on the road this week. Go Frogs!

Skip Jansen

Our defense is very impressive. And our offense is not near where it can be. In spurts yes. Our athleticism is top 3-4 in big 12, maybe better.

Agreed. If you just looked at the box score it wouldn't look like Kev had a good game. But, his defense at the rim was great. He only had 3 blocks, but he altered a bunch of shots. OSU got almost nothing in the paint until the last minute or so (when the game was decided).

Farmfrog

The problem I have at times is that the same posters who ridicule anyone who posts something that they deem is negative about the football team are the very ones who downgrade the hoops team, sometimes at will.

I see this team as being way better than many on here believe. Maybe we’re not a top 4 team in the league but we can compete with any team. Our team isn’t perfect but they play hard and seem to have good chemistry.

tetonfrog

Our team isn’t perfect but they play hard and seem to have good chemistry.

good point about our improved chemistry. Seems like our guys are figuring out their roles & doing their job. It also really helps to have more than 6 or 7 guys that can play every night. They play with tons of more energy this year, especially on D.

Skip Jansen

Late to the thread but where was the Samuel pick and roll today? I dont think we had one.

The Frogs ran a good bit of ball screen action today. It may have looked different because of the way OSU defended it.

They 'soft hedged' a lot (Samuel's defender drops down instead of stepping up like on a hard hedge). Trying to take away the pass to Samuel on a rim run or a lob.

Jamie changed it up and put the ball in Des' hands. When they 'soft hedged', he hit a couple of 3s. Not sure that dropping back is very smart when Des has the ball.