• The KillerFrogs

Cumbie on the move and you will never guess where he went

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Dominic Richardson has "great" in-home visit with TCU

By JEREMY CLARK

TCU head coach Gary Patterson and offensive coordinator Sonny Cumbie made two stops in Oklahoma on Thursday, visiting running back signee Dominic Richardson and quarterback signee Eli Williams.

In case you’re wondering, yes, coaches are allowed to make in-home visits with prospects during the dead period as long as they have already signed. Patterson had not made an in-home visit with Richardson.

Richardson tweeted about the visit earlier on Thursday.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/Dominic-Richards-great-in-home-visit-TCU-141940136/

JockO de Frog

Dominic Richardson has "great" in-home visit with TCU

By JEREMY CLARK

TCU head coach Gary Patterson and offensive coordinator Sonny Cumbie made two stops in Oklahoma on Thursday, visiting running back signee Dominic Richardson and quarterback signee Eli Williams.

In case you’re wondering, yes, coaches are allowed to make in-home visits with prospects during the dead period as long as they have already signed. Patterson had not made an in-home visit with Richardson.

Richardson tweeted about the visit earlier on Thursday.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/Dominic-Richards-great-in-home-visit-TCU-141940136/
It never tells you what the answer was to Richardson's main question.... who will be the new RB coach?

JockO de Frog

This visit would have never happened prior to the new transfer rules when there is a significant coaching change. Glad we are still proactive.

Snoop1122

I am assuming that they will announce all the coaching changes by the signing period next month. Do y'all think there will just an assistant helping Cumbie in an unpaid role then Cumbie just stays the main coordinator?

Limp Lizard

I am assuming that they will announce all the coaching changes by the signing period next month. Do y'all think there will just an assistant helping Cumbie in an unpaid role then Cumbie just stays the main coordinator?
I admit the "co-coordinator" thing never really sounded right to me. At least Brady at LSU is the "passing game coordinator". What I did not like is when the "Assistant Head Coach" is a position coach. That is, the position coach outranks the coordinator. Kinda unstable to me.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
applewhite_major_2011_74.jpg

Salfrog

Tier 1
I just feel that with Cumbie constantly needing help with scheming, in game play calling and adjustments says all that needs to be said. He is not an OC, or even close to being ready to be one. Letting him stay as OC another year because his contract runs out next year is silly at this point. Move forward now instead of delaying the inevitable.

If the offense does actually work next year, Cumbie gets the credit and a contract extension even though it wasn't better because of him, but because of the new people that were brought in to help him.