• The KillerFrogs

I've been looking but no apparent explanation.

Tumbleweed

Officially, is Meach the WR coach, assistant co-
coordinator of offense or ......? Has all empty coaching spots been filled? Did the program create other positions for the benefit of football?

If we have co-assistant offensive coaches again and it didn't exactly work the first time resulting in letting Meach go, well to me, that is troublesome. Some of the decisions made by the HC is a bit baffling to me!

One thing for sure, its either going to a good 2020 season or its going to be a repeat of the last few years. Making it to the cat sup bowl is a bit too red for me

Certainly appreciate any inside information or outside information.

And finally any in coming portal boys which might help our DE and the OL?

Under the category of.....having done that...having seen this..from my experience, the lack of uncooperative information coming out of this program says keep your thoughts about -me this program quiet and to yourself ..... indicates ..what you don't know you can't grip about. Truthfully, I 'm guilty of that early in my professional career. True it worked for a short time but then blew up and had a long time trying to regain support. Call it a short time gig reach, maybe that is all they are asking for. I was lucky, I didn't have a 125 million dollar company either.

Eight

Meach will not be Co-OC.

but he will have influence on the offense....you only have five offensive coaches on the staff and i don't think cumbie is making all the decisions on scheme, formations, routes, philosophy by himself.

i don't dislike meacham, but this looks like a hire going back to what is comfortable instead of bringing in new ideas.

hope i am wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

Moose Stuff

but he will have influence on the offense....you only have five offensive coaches on the staff and i don't think cumbie is making all the decisions on scheme, formations, routes, philosophy by himself.

i don't dislike meacham, but this looks like a hire going back to what is comfortable instead of bringing in new ideas.

hope i am wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

Is there such a thing as an offensive coach who doesn’t have influence on the offense?

Eight

Is there such a thing as an offensive coach who doesn’t have influence on the offense?

no, but go back and look at the original thread on the announcement on meacham and you have some who vehemently maintain he won't have any impact on the offense because he won't call plays which is just wrong.

if meacham is inside on the staff i really think the next hire and any additional staff to me are critical in bringing any new ideas, concepts, ways to attack a defense

Moose Stuff

no, but go back and look at the original thread on the announcement on meacham and you have some who vehemently maintain he won't have any impact on the offense because he won't call plays which is just wrong.

if meacham is inside on the staff i really think the next hire and any additional staff to me are critical in bringing any new ideas, concepts, ways to attack a defense

That’s certainly wrong. A WHOLE BUNCH of the stuff posted on here on a daily basis is wrong.

4th. down

This [ Finebaum ] looks really weak. I'm kinda surprised the way GP has orchestrated this whole scenario in a way, and then I'm not surprised. Defensive CO supreme, CEO, nope. What a cluster.

Froggish

Meach = Inside WR coach...That is all. It has been reported that he will give his input on the system itself but not play calling and he is NOT being given any other title but Inside WR coach..

Still have a RB job to fill and possibly an off the field assistant to the HC/Analyst job to hire

4th. down

Meach = Inside WR coach...That is all. It has been reported that he will give his input on the system itself but not play calling and he is NOT being given any other title but Inside WR coach..

Still have a RB job to fill and possibly an off the field assistant to the HC/Analyst job to hire

Yeah and GP is very busy preparing his speech for the AFCA which he is now President, and his dialogue for the play interpretations for the NC game, all happening within a week. He will get to the TCU business when appropriate.

Froggish

Yeah and GP is very busy preparing his speech for the AFCA which he is now President, and his dialogue for the play interpretations for the NC game, all happening within a week. He will get to the TCU business when appropriate.

I think the jobs are filled but they haven’t been formally announced

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
None of these moves make a lick of sense. Meach has been here, had his schemes trashed, his ideas ridiculed, and was run off for his troubles. Now, after several years in the Wilderness, he comes crawling back? Why the hell hire him back just a few years after you ran him off? Why the hell take a job with a guy who ran your ass off just a few years prior? And, what do you expect to do at said job once you get there, considering the past?

Aside from all that, what makes anybody think that a few more wrinkles in an increasingly dopey (and blandly predictable) offense will somehow result in Wild Football Success? Are we suddenly coached by the Underpants Gnomes?

The disturbing trend is that, as a team, TCU has seen basic fundamentals erode over the last three seasons. Blocking. Tackling. Form. The rest of team Esprit de Corps has wasted away as well. Very little poise. Hardly any confidence. Everybody seems to be waiting for The Big Screw Up that will lose the game, and it inevitably does.

Hiring Meach back doesn't do a damned thing to address the aforementioned issues.

You mean we're still going to be stuck with SC's play calling and in game adjustments. Wonderful.

tetonfrog

Hiring Meach back doesn't do a damned thing to address the aforementioned issues.

Regardless of who calls the plays or what his role is in there, Meach is a damn fine WR coach.

He will help our WRs in every phase of their game: running better routes, catching the ball and blocking. That is why GP brought him back. We need help there. Period. Forget egos. Forget playcalling. We needed an upgrade coaching WRs and we got it.

Now, about the playcalling......................o_O