• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

I think we pad our stats with some cup cakes each year. When we play a great offense our defense gets lit up. Usually by a highly accurate qb. We used to be number one in the nation now we are in the Big 12. Not sure what our national rankings are? It just appears to me that our defense can’t get stops at key times like it used to. We need to win games with a good offense in the Big 12 sometimes.

Moose Stuff

I think we pad our stats with some cup cakes each year. When we play a great offense our defense gets lit up. Usually by a highly accurate qb. We used to be number one in the nation now we are in the Big 12. Not sure what our national rankings are? It just appears to me that our defense can’t get stops at key times like it used to. We need to win games with a good offense in the Big 12 sometimes.

Pretty much every team in the country (Alabama, Clemson, LSU.....) gets lit up by a great offense.

puckster59

To the people here saying TCU “only” leads the Big 12 in total defense, you do understand who’s in the Big 12, right? What other programs TCU ranks ahead of? And as far as national ranking, you do understand that playing Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and West Virginia, let alone Texas and OU, is just a tad different than Wyoming, New Mexico and Air Force, right? Please tell me you do understand. Because your posts indicate strongly that you do not.

puckster59

We have the luxury of seeing the results of players’ careers at TCU after they’re gone. But consider the caliber of HIGH SCHOOL player TCU was recruiting in the Mountain West days as opposed to now. I wonder if some of those 2- and 3-star players who turned out so good against far inferior competition would have even gotten a sniff let alone excelled today. And before anyone blows a gasket, how many guys we were recruiting in say 2007 came down to choosing between TCU, LSU, A&M, Texas and Oklahoma? I’d say few to none.

CryptoMiner

3 recently announced transfers to keep an eye on:

Coy Cronk OT/OG Illinois 6-5/325 was a 4 year starter but injured early last season so can RS. Was on Outland Trophy watch list before injury. Iowa State looks to be the leader but TCU looking hard.

Tre' McKitty TE Florida State 6-appeared in 11 games 23 rec for 247 yds grad and obtained his pilot license at FSU.

Jerome Ford RB Alabama 5-11/205 RSFr so would have to sit unless granted waiver.

CryptoMiner

Another 2020 kid who suddenly getting a lot of attention:

DeSean Lee Buckner DB White Hall AR 6-1/193 with 4.47 speed. Not rated by pay sites. recently offered by Oklahoma St and TCU looking hard. Twin brother plays RB.

CryptoMiner

Still looking for an experienced QB as Baldwin injury continues to linger. Two of the top JUCO QBs left and with TCU interest:

Stephon Brown 6-6/225 Independence CC

Devon Daich 6-4/230 Cabrillo College

Stephon Brown gets an offer.......

Last edited:

CryptoMiner

Of course the primary transfer QB candidate is Dillon Sterling-Cole of Arizona (6*3/200). Originally a 4 star recruit from Houston Westfield, Sterling-Cole was buried on the depth chart last season behind Jayden Daniels and Joey Yellen. OU, VT and TAMU appear to be also in the mix.

CryptoMiner

Dylan Horton (6-4/222) former LBer at New Mexico commits to TCU. Was a DB out of Frisco and committed to SMU but switched to New Mexico. High ankle sprain limited his action in 2019 after playing in all 12 games as a true freshman in 2018.

Horton will be a junior (played in 6 games in 2019 so cannot RS and had 23 tackles, 2½ for losses, and 1½ sacks last season. He can play at DE and will need a waiver but coaching change at NM helps.

Last edited:

MTfrog5

Don’t be surprised if Crawford from John Tyler tries to get out of his LOI or hits the transfer portal. They just let go of the Washington who recruited him and told him that he was staying