• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

LisaLT

I stand corrected...:(...tears to follow.
I’m sure for any young successful college coach the opportunity to become a head coach for an NFL franchise is just too good to pass up. (Unless you’re Lincoln Riley dammit) I think Carolina is a good spot for him to land, maybe better than the Giants.

Last edited:

Purp

Eh, folks said the same thing after Briles was gone and Rhule pulled it off very quickly. A good coach will have them competitive relatively quickly.
I give Rhule a lot of credit, but I can't think of another year in the B12 where the 2019 baylor Bears are a double-digit wins team. Hell, without the boost from two obscene blown calls by officials in OT against TT and TCU he's not even producing a 10 win team this year. Granted, he'd have been close, but my broader point is that it took the worst year in the history of the conference for Rhule to make them a 10 win team this year. If Rhule had stayed I think they'd barely be a bowl team next year (assuming Brewer's career is over as it should be).

BearlyAFrog

I’m sure for any young successful college coach the opportunity to become a head coach for an NFL franchise is just too good to pass up. (Unless you’re Lincoln Riley dammit) I think Carolina is a good spot for him to land, maybe better than the Giants.

I fully expected him to move on at some point, just not next year. I really thought that he believed he could win the conference and wanted to give it a go. I don't begrudge him anything, he did a good job and being called up from college to professional sports is a promotion in anyone's eyes. I REALLY didn't expect him to go to Carolina. I thought the GM problems in NY would be enough to keep him away from his dream job. Guess not.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I fully expected him to move on at some point, just not next year. I really thought that he believed he could win the conference and wanted to give it a go. I don't begrudge him anything, he did a good job and being called up from college to professional sports is a promotion in anyone's eyes. I REALLY didn't expect him to go to Carolina. I thought the GM problems in NY would be enough to keep him away from his dream job. Guess not.
Go.

Away.

tcudoc

Maybe they can hire Jim Henson since all of their incoming recruits are Muppets.
source.gif

LisaLT

I read it is a $60 million dollar deal for I think 7 years, with a potential at $70 mil with bonuses. THAT is an offer impossible to refuse. I wish him good luck at the next level.

Wexahu

Check out the depth chart on the O-line and D-line next year. If you think that is conference-winning caliber you are delusional. I think Rhule probably knew it was going to take quite a bit more time, this years team had a bunch of upperclassmen and seniors. They aren’t really tending upward, this was just a year where everything fell into place.....schedule, lack of injuries, general luck.