• The KillerFrogs

AP: O'Bannon Jr. transferring to TCU after 2 1/2 seasons at USC

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
O'Bannon Jr. transferring to TCU after 2 1/2 seasons at USC

AP

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Charles O'Bannon Jr. is transferring to TCU after 2 1/2 seasons at Southern California, where the 6-foot-6 former McDonald's All-American guard was hampered by injuries.

O'Bannon played only the season opener in 2018-19 before a left pinky injury. He appeared in only three games this season for the Trojans before hurting his left hand in practice Nov. 25 and having surgery.

Read more at https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ng-to-tcu-after-2-12-seasons-at-usc/40953305/

Good get, a big ugly made of glass... SMH
rick-perry-oops.jpg

TooColdU

he was wrong for wanting to get paid for someone else using his likeness in a game that made millions?

EA NCAA basketball was made from 1998-2009.

Ed O’Bannon played at UCLA from 1991-1995.

I always wondered if EA Sports hadn’t added historical teams to the game, would O’Bannon have figured out he could sue. I guess it just would’ve been someone else eventually

With that said, I didn’t comment on whether he was right or wrong to file the suit. It was just an observation because the last name sounded familiar.

Last edited:

ftwfrog

With that said, I didn’t comment on whether he was right or wrong to file the suit. It was just an observation because the last name sounded familiar.
Talk about a team to remember!

Ed O’Bannon was a stud his senior year (Naismith winner maybe?) and his brother Charles was a huge part of the 95 National Championship team. Big man, George Zidek, in the middle with the Kareem skyhook, and senior leader Tyus Edney at the point. Mix in the electric, freshman phenom, Toby Bailey and Arkansas had no chance! Until, of course, Tyus couldn’t play the championship so they had to rely on sophomore Cameron Dollar.

Odd, I can remember all of that and i couldn’t tell you my kid’s middle name? Signs you’re getting old.

Eight

obannon was at someone else's home and watching a child playing the video game. one of the teams being used was the ucla 1995 national title team which was on the video game because the game featured prior championship teams similar to the way the football game had versions that included prior all time great teams.

ed noticed that a player wearing his number on the 1995 was roughly his height, his hand dominance, and his skill set. the only thing the player in the game didn't have was his name.

additionally, it was the ncaa that opted to stop the licensing of the game and not ea sports nor was that part of the judgement. the ncaa decided that if players were to get paid for the use of their likeness it would threaten their amateur model.

InstaFrog

Talk about a team to remember!

Ed O’Bannon was a stud his senior year (Naismith winner maybe?) and his brother Charles was a huge part of the 95 National Championship team. Big man, George Zidek, in the middle with the Kareem skyhook, and senior leader Tyus Edney at the point. Mix in the electric, freshman phenom, Toby Bailey and Arkansas had no chance! Until, of course, Tyus couldn’t play the championship so they had to rely on sophomore Cameron Dollar.

Odd, I can remember all of that and i couldn’t tell you my kid’s middle name? Signs you’re getting old.

One of my favorite buzzer beaters of all-time from that run! The Marques Johnson radio simulcast still rings in my ears...

Latest posts