• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Eight

How many more recruits can TCU sign in February?

sdj

good question and i have heard differing answers.

i know it isn't as simple as how many players are currently on the roster and how many spots can they fill to get to 85

one other variable is the potential for transfers.

i am all for signing a prospect like corey wren who they don't have anyone comparable in the class or the juco de, but if you told me they got wren, a juco de, and 4-5 senior transfers at de and interior offensive line i would be really help and it would allow some room in next year's class.

CryptoMiner

Currently the hottest QB name in the class of 2020 racking up 6 D1 offers in December and 11 overall. Biggest one is Boise State and no P5 schools yet. Staff looking for one more QB and Morris has committed elsewhere as expected.

Daylin McLemore 6-3/200 Junipera Serra HS (San Mateo, CA) collar-bone break on non-trowing arm early in season limited his opportunities. His father, Dana, was a DB for San Francisco 49ers.

Partial season was 79 completions on 109 passes, 15TDs and 3Ints

Last edited:

JockO de Frog

Currently the hottest QB name in the class of 2020 ranking up 6 D1 offers in December and 11 overall. Biggest one is Boise State and no P5 schools yet. Staff looking for one more QB and Morris has committed elsewhere as expected.

Daylin McLemore 6-3/200 Junipera Serra HS (San Mateo, CA) collar-bone break on non-trowing arm early in season limited his opportunities. His father, Dana, was a DB for San Francisco 49ers.

Can we just recruit his entire team? OL and receivers.

Palliative Care

That's right but in truth OU had it coming. It was a good team but not a great team. I also doubt that we would have done any better as LSU is on fire. Still the curve from top to bottom in the Big 12 is not as steep as some would have you believe.

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
Currently the hottest QB name in the class of 2020 ranking up 6 D1 offers in December and 11 overall. Biggest one is Boise State and no P5 schools yet. Staff looking for one more QB and Morris has committed elsewhere as expected.

Dude looks like a stud. Wondering why it took so long for him to get offered. He could complete in quite a few rooms

Eight

Dude looks like a stud. Wondering why it took so long for him to get offered. He could complete in quite a few rooms

he broke his left collar bone near the end of october and at the time it was thought he was done for the year.

he came back and played at the end of the year, but really don't have much info beyond the broken left collar bone.

do know he wasn't the starting quarterback prior as they had a 3-year starter last year. guess he played a different position, was getting some time and tape, and then breaks the collar bone

Eight

curious if the frogs circle back and try to make another run at princely umanmielen.

frogs only have 6 defensive ends on their current projected roster including brandon bowen who struggles to stay healthy. workman and bowen project to be seniors which means you have 2 sophomores, a red-shirt freshman, and a true freshman at the position.

i would love to add the grad transfer from temple, but think the frogs would benefit if they could sign princely.

thought of another name that has been linked to baylor, but not nearly as strongly as umanmielen and that is malik hornsby.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

curious if the frogs circle back and try to make another run at princely umanmielen.

frogs only have 6 defensive ends on their current projected roster including brandon bowen who struggles to stay healthy. workman and bowen project to be seniors which means you have 2 sophomores, a red-shirt freshman, and a true freshman at the position.

i would love to add the grad transfer from temple, but think the frogs would benefit if they could sign princely.

Doesn’t sound like it. There is a DE they’re after if you listen to the 247 podcast.

PO Frog

haven't heard it all as it keeps bogging down around the 4 minute mark where jeremy is carrying the water a bit for gary on the move of andeson to offensive line.
Not sure he mentions Princely on the pod but he posted on 247 about him specifically.

Moose - send me today’s commission check for that plug.

Eight

Not sure he mentions Princely on the pod but he posted on 247 about him specifically.

Moose - send me today’s commission check for that plug.

thanks, not paying for the info that will eventually seep out or in the end won't significantly impact things for me.