• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

RRB member Geoffrey Hill used to live across the street from us. Came home late a couple times to find them having a few beers and a little jam session in his garage. REALLY good dude.

I used to run in some circles that crossed them from time to time and my wife and I had a knack for running into them at random places. (Hula Hut, twice for Sunday brunch). Randy was always standoffish and could be a bit of a jerk but I probably would be too in his position. But Geoffrey and Brady were always gracious to people who came up and whipped their asses. Geoffrey was a bit more reserved and shy but a really sweet guy. I ran into Brady at the grocery store a few times in Southlake when he moved to Grapevine/Southlake.

Pretty crappy start to 2020. As y'all know, my grandfather passed away Thursday morning. Then, my father-in-law passed away Friday evening. Just spent the weekend with my wife and her mom in Longview. My wife will stay for about another week helping her to get everything in order. I'll probably go out there every other weekend to help her get the house ready for sale and prepare for her to move in with us for a bit.

Last edited:

Purp

Pretty crappy start to 2020. As y'all know, my grandfather passed away Thursday morning. Then, my father-in-law passed away Friday evening. Just spent the weekend with my wife and her mom in Longview. My wife will stay for about another week helping her to get everything in order. I'll probably go out there every other weekend to help her get the house ready for sale and prepare for her to kove in with us for a bit.
I can think of lots of MiL jokes right now, but it's not the right time. I know she's been hard to handle, but she's got some serious grief to overcome. That's something I struggle seeing anyone deal with. Good on ya, sir.

Eight

Pretty crappy start to 2020. As y'all know, my grandfather passed away Thursday morning. Then, my father-in-law passed away Friday evening. Just spent the weekend with my wife and her mom in Longview. My wife will stay for about another week helping her to get everything in order. I'll probably go out there every other weekend to help her get the house ready for sale and prepare for her to move in with us for a bit.

sister in law went through a similar thing at the end of 2018.

condolences and while so much of what gets said is cliche', you get through these things day at a time, and it is a reminder to enjoy any and all time you spend with those you love

TCURiggs

Sorry to hear, bud. Hang in there.