• The KillerFrogs

2019-2020 TCU basketball thread

Flip Frog

No, but seriously lots of people watch sports and movies on the wrong settings which will make picture look terrible. Unfortunately there isn’t a setting to accommodate for viewer tastes.
What’s the right setting then? Most of the new TVs self configure and do have multiple viewing options. However, our court still looks too bright in TV regardless on setting. At least in my efforts and I have a OLED.

SuperBarrFrog

What’s the right setting then? Most of the new TVs self configure and do have multiple viewing options. However, our court still looks too bright in TV regardless on setting. At least in my efforts and I have a OLED.

Turning any of the advanced settings off is usually a good start. A lot of he settings like picture smooth and stuff look terrible to a lot of peoples’ eyes. Here a couple of links, but I’d google and see if there are some specific tips for your particular tv model from a tech review site. A lot of times the out of box settings aren’t what you want. Notice when you go to a bar with lots of TVs and the pictures all look way different. For instance a lot of the sports settings will make big budget Hollywood films look like made for TV movies and vice versa.

https://success.highfive.com/hc/en-...1-Recommended-TV-Picture-Settings-all-brands-

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/how-to-calibrate-your-tv

Eight

No, but seriously lots of people watch sports and movies on the wrong settings which will make picture look terrible. Unfortunately there isn’t a setting to accommodate for viewer tastes.

i think you are misunderstanding some of what i meant about the floor,

game shots have a tendency to close down on the ball so you really don't get a feel for the pattern on the court as a whole. also think the camera angle is flatter and again you don't get a good view of the pattern.

i agree with county in that i really don't notice it much which i don't think is what they were going for when they spent the money to redo the floor.

SuperBarrFrog

i think you are misunderstanding some of what i meant about the floor,

game shots have a tendency to close down on the ball so you really don't get a feel for the pattern on the court as a whole. also think the camera angle is flatter and again you don't get a good view of the pattern.

i agree with county in that i really don't notice it much which i don't think is what they were going for when they spent the money to redo the floor.

I notice it on my TV and I love it.