• The KillerFrogs

Cal will kick the >#@&* out of TCU on 9/5/20

tcudoc

Here are my predictions for next year:

10 wins
A much improved Max who looks more like Andy Dalton as a junior, but still with room for improvement
I do not think the game will slow down for Max, because that defies logic. I do, however, believe that he will become more adept at interpreting and reacting to the defense, thereby allowing him to make better decisions
A thousand yard rushing running back
Two trustworthy receivers that can catch balls thrown fast where only they can catch them...one of them will have >10 TD's and 1000 yards receiving
Offensive line play that is at least average, in other words dramatically improved
A defense that returns to prominence based on an offense that allows them to catch their breath
A kick returner who can securely field the ball
A victory over OU

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate

10 wins
A much improved Max who looks more like Andy Dalton as a junior, but still with room for improvement
I do not think the game will slow down for Max, because that defies logic. I do, however, believe that he will become more adept at interpreting and reacting to the defense, thereby allowing him to make better decisions
Two trustworthy receivers that can catch balls thrown fast where only they can catch them...one of them will have >10 TD's and 1000 yards receiving
Offensive line play that is at least average, in other words dramatically improved
A defense that returns to prominence based on an offense that allow them to catch their breath
A victory over OU
The laughing gas mask may be leaking into the room, doc.

Yeah, I’ll take a prescription for whatever you are on if you think TCU wins 10 games next season. Far more likely they lose 10. I do believe the game should slow down for Max though. To bad the folks around him are inexperienced and unproven. In 2020 TCU will be ridiculously young, that has generally not translated into a formula for winning football. 2021 though does look promising assuming some of these young players pan out.

If someone thinks TCU is going to win 9-10 games next season its wishful thinking, playing make believe, assuming everyone in Big 12 forfeits their game against TCU, blind faith in the face of overwhelming evidence to contrary, or they are high as a kite. In 2020 a very young team + lack of experience + no proven playmakers + Cumbie = Sub 500 season

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
If someone thinks TCU is going to win 9-10 games next season its wishful thinking, playing make believe, assuming everyone in Big 12 forfeits their game against TCU, blind faith in the face of overwhelming evidence to contrary, or they are high as a kite. In 2020 a very young team + lack of experience + no proven playmakers + Cumbie = Sub 500 season
Go scheiss yourself.

froginmn

So it's make believe to predict a 9 win season, but perfectly normal to predict a 5 win season?

Ok-then-look-away.gif

Frog-in-law1995

Bet you $1000 right now we win 6 or more games next season.

TCU won 5 games this season, lost most of its proven talent, is going to be younger and less experienced and brings back an incompetent OC. Yes it would be perfectly normal to predict 5 wins or less for next season. Predictions for a good football team in 2020 are based on hopes and prayers.

Wexahu

TCU won 5 games this season, lost most of its proven talent, is going to be younger and less experienced and brings back an incompetent OC. Yes it would be perfectly normal to predict 5 wins or less for next season. Predictions for a good football team in 2020 are based on hopes and prayers.

did you take that bet?

jake102

I don't necessarily disagree although I do think we get to 6 wins. I could see the OL being an epic disaster next season. The OL was probably the worst or 2nd worst in the Big 12 next season, but I could see it being the worst or somewhere in the bottom 5 in all of P5 next year. If we somehow pull the rabbit and have an average OL, we are winning 8+ games.

Froggish

Disagree, as noted in my above post.
Coaches help QBs by teaching them to diagnose what the defense is trying to accomplish. In addition a year of experience will help him understand much quicker what part of the field the defense is going to give him. It the QB speeding up not the game slowing down

Froggish

Anyone who would make a prediction on a season without having all the information at his disposal isn’t a wise one. You don’t know who the coach/player additions might be or if any further subtractions might be. A bad TCU team is a premature prediction

Farmfrog

10 wins
A defense that returns to prominence based on an offense that allows them to catch their breath
A victory over OU

What makes this opinion better than anyone else’s? Because it’s positive is the only reason I have. Someone predicting 10 wins is no more right than someone saying 5 wins is.

Why can’t everyone post their opinions without being crucified for not thinking like everyone else. If someone posts like a jerk then tell them so but opinions should be what the board is all about.

Wexahu

What makes this opinion better than anyone else’s? Because it’s positive is the only reason I have. Someone predicting 10 wins is no more right than someone saying 5 wins is.

Why can’t everyone post their opinions without being crucified for not thinking like everyone else. If someone posts like a jerk then tell them so but opinions should be what the board is all about.

I’m not going to have too much of opinion about next year’s team until after our first game. Generally if we don’t look good in that one we aren’t going to be very good, regardless of how “vanilla” we are or how much we are working out the kinks. We could go anywhere between 4-8 and 11-1 who the heck knows. If the offense doesn’t change and develop some new wrinkles we’ll be closer to 4-8 IMO.