• The KillerFrogs

Time for Reflection and a Change in Direction

Tshirt Fan

Where is Coach when you need him?

Right now, my blood is boiling watching other teams battle in early year bowls.
This sucks. It's not a lack of TCU talent that caused this disaster of a season.
It is acceptance of mediocrity across the entire program.
Lackadaisical. Non-commital. Below-Average. Underperformers.
Go watch the 2015/16 Alamo bowl to see the difference.
As a T-Shirt Fan, I expect and demand better.
Recycling Sharp and Anderson isn't delivering step change improvements.
It's great to be friends with your coaches, but you have to demand excellence from every coach and at every position.
Baylor will probably Baylor tonight, but even so, their performance this year throws wet puke on every excuse that has been offered for the past 24 months. There are no more valid excuses for TCU football.
Wheres the superior strength training program? Because last year didn't work worth [ Finebaum ].
We need an offensive line and a coherent, adaptive offensive strategy, that leverages our strengths and exposes opponents' weaknesses instead of the other way around.
We need both an offense and defense that hunt together, that won't back down.
We need the tough LHCGMFP that helped build this program instead of the coach resting on his backside in 2019.
I've watched the downhill slide for the past three years. It's time to take a different direction.
TCU stands for something better, hard work, dedication, sportsmanship, digging deep, always doing the right thing when no one is looking. It's time to reclaim that legacy in 2020.

0501%20Rangers%20TCU%20art%201.JPG

Froglaw

Where is Coach when you need him?

Right now, my blood is boiling watching other teams battle in early year bowls.
This sucks. It's not a lack of TCU talent that caused this disaster of a season.
It is acceptance of mediocrity across the entire program.
Lackadaisical. Non-commital. Below-Average. Underperformers.
Go watch the 2015/16 Alamo bowl to see the difference.
As a T-Shirt Fan, I expect and demand better.
Recycling Sharp and Anderson isn't delivering step change improvements.
It's great to be friends with your coaches, but you have to demand excellence from every coach and at every position.
Baylor will probably Baylor tonight, but even so, their performance this year throws wet puke on every excuse that has been offered for the past 24 months. There are no more valid excuses for TCU football.
Wheres the superior strength training program? Because last year didn't work worth [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ].
We need an offensive line and a coherent, adaptive offensive strategy, that leverages our strengths and exposes opponents' weaknesses instead of the other way around.
We need both an offense and defense that hunt together, that won't back down.
We need the tough LHCGMFP that helped build this program instead of the coach resting on his backside in 2019.
I've watched the downhill slide for the past three years. It's time to take a different direction.
TCU stands for something better, hard work, dedication, sportsmanship, digging deep, always doing the right thing when no one is looking. It's time to reclaim that legacy in 2020.

0501%20Rangers%20TCU%20art%201.JPG

Did you go to the Cheez It Bowl or just complain it was not good enough to garner your support?

I talk to Frog fans all the time who would go to another "Rose Bowl" but won't drive to Memphis or even San Antonio to support the Frogs.

Even the short drive to SMU seems to not create interest in our base fans. We never seem to fill that little stadium of the SMU horseflies.

Don't blame CGP for not going to a Bowl Game in 2019 if you had the means last year and chose not to go to Phoenix.

We had and will have a great run in football, but support the Frogs away and at home.

We need you there and not sitting at home watching on TV.

Please don't post this crud.

S
Did you go to the Cheez It Bowl or just complain it was not good enough to garner your support?

I talk to Frog fans all the time who would go to another "Rose Bowl" but won't drive to Memphis or even San Antonio to support the Frogs.

Even the short drive to SMU seems to not create interest in our base fans. We never seem to fill that little stadium of the SMU horseflies.

Don't blame CGP for not going to a Bowl Game in 2019 if you had the means last year and chose not to go to Phoenix.

We had and will have a great run in football, but support the Frogs away and at home.

We need you there and not sitting at home watching on TV.

Please don't post this crud.
so I can only [ hundin] if I attended crappy bowl games or SMU Away games. Good to know.

Atomic Frawg

Do people realize that in a season where we've had the fewest sacks total in a while that we still had the #1 defense in the conference on a yardage basis, and that we were the #4 defense on a point basis? Offensively we were #3 in the conference in rushing (no lie), but almost last in passing. We don't need a massive overhaul. We need to increase the passing productivity, and we need to increase the sack count. We were #2 in the conference in interceptions. Imagine if we'd had more QB pressure. Scott and Gaines are the big loses at safety, but Moehrig and Washington are babies that lead the nation. We had no senior LBs, and we lose Gladney and Lewis in a secondary that will continue to be stingy. We took one top ten team to triple OT; we lost by three points on the road to a top ten playoff team; and six out of the seven losses (that hurt to type) were within one possession. Folk need to step back a bit and chill.

https://big12sports.com/stats.aspx?path=football&year=2019

Last edited: