• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Eight

This is how far away we are from competing for a championship. These kids going to the blueblood are on another level. It’s also why I strongly believe we will never compete for a title playing conservative power football. We can’t hold up

i agree the frogs have to get better, stronger in the lines, but i would still take anderson if he suddenly wanted to come to tcu.

odds are he has never had a defensive line man with that type of ability line up over him in practice or a game. he played tackles at reedy, most of his footage has him pulling, he is listed at 6'5" and 260 so he needs to gain a good 30 lbs at least

additionally, talking with a couple of friends who coach o-line in high school they hate that the first steps many of these kids take is either a drop step or anchor to move laterally.

pretty funny listening to one guy talk about how much he misses teaching kids to line up in a three point stance and just firing out in practice.

i agree with moose in that i would like to see hayes go head to head with the lsu d-tackle prospect

Raw Frog

Getting run over by a train by definition involves some negligence on someone’s part. Hopefully that kid wasn’t doing something bad. Feel awful for his family.

I had a lot of railroad grade crossing accidents when I was practicing trial law. I took apex depositions of several of the big railroad companies and all of them admitted that they had nobody employed within their company to look at the safety issue from the standpoint of the motoring public at their crossings. They have always been an 800 pound gorilla to tangle with, and they are good at hiding evidence and running over people in lawsuits as well.
I know nothing about this tragic accident, but I can say that there is a lot of negligence on the part of railroads that may have had something to do with it.
It was very thrilling to get to trial and finally get to educate the jury of their callousness towards safety at their crossings. Even more thrilling to get a jury verdict against them.

AroundWorldFrog

Sad situation for the young man and his family. After living in a town for 12 years with trains running through the middle of it and a college on one side and the downtown bars on the other, people died one of two ways. Suicide by train and drunk. People would run around the physical barriers and try to beat a train at 3 am. Every year probably 3-4 died by suicide and 2-3 by drunkenness. Or sometimes both.

Paint It Purple

I had a lot of railroad grade crossing accidents when I was practicing trial law. I took apex depositions of several of the big railroad companies and all of them admitted that they had nobody employed within their company to look at the safety issue from the standpoint of the motoring public at their crossings. They have always been an 800 pound gorilla to tangle with, and they are good at hiding evidence and running over people in lawsuits as well.
I know nothing about this tragic accident, but I can say that there is a lot of negligence on the part of railroads that may have had something to do with it.
It was very thrilling to get to trial and finally get to educate the jury of their callousness towards safety at their crossings. Even more thrilling to get a jury verdict against them.
It’s hard to stop a train.

Easy to find POS lawyers.

Frog-in-law1995

Sad situation for the young man and his family. After living in a town for 12 years with trains running through the middle of it and a college on one side and the downtown bars on the other, people died one of two ways. Suicide by train and drunk. People would run around the physical barriers and try to beat a train at 3 am. Every year probably 3-4 died by suicide and 2-3 by drunkenness. Or sometimes both.

I defended a train/car fatality case over on Calloway Cemetery road in Arlington several years ago. Luckily there was a concrete plant nearby that had security cameras pointed at the crossing. Driver waited until right before the train got there then eased his car around the gate and onto the track, then stopped. Sad stuff. Not sure how the family’s lawyer handled it on his end dealing with the widow. I imagine he had no choice but to show her. Still gut wrenching to me nearly 10 years later.

East Coast

Tier 1
I just feel like it’s pretty damn hard to get hit by a train unless you’re doing something really careless.

You would think so, but I was almost hit by a train going 40-50 mph in downtown Ft Worth. Barriers did not go down, lights did not flash, and horn wasn’t sounded. This was in the middle of the afternoon down Berry St. Had to pull over for a few minutes until I stopped shaking

Froggish

i agree the frogs have to get better, stronger in the lines, but i would still take anderson if he suddenly wanted to come to tcu.

odds are he has never had a defensive line man with that type of ability line up over him in practice or a game. he played tackles at reedy, most of his footage has him pulling, he is listed at 6'5" and 260 so he needs to gain a good 30 lbs at least

additionally, talking with a couple of friends who coach o-line in high school they hate that the first steps many of these kids take is either a drop step or anchor to move laterally.

pretty funny listening to one guy talk about how much he misses teaching kids to line up in a three point stance and just firing out in practice.

i agree with moose in that i would like to see hayes go head to head with the lsu d-tackle prospect

I think for the most part young DL are way ahead of OL. They don’t need a ton of techniques to win one on ones. A DL can get by on brute strength and burst.

What Up Toad

This is how far away we are from competing for a championship. These kids going to the blueblood are on another level. It’s also why I strongly believe we will never compete for a title playing conservative power football. We can’t hold up

That OU recruit is almost as highly ranked as the LSU recruit. Not sure how an almost 5 star getting beat by another almost 5 star shows that we don't have the players to compete. Especially at a position like O-Line, where most players take 2-3 years to become college ready.

Also, the ground is wet. Kinda hard to plant your feet when they're sliding like that.

Punter1

I defended a train/car fatality case over on Calloway Cemetery road in Arlington several years ago. Luckily there was a concrete plant nearby that had security cameras pointed at the crossing. Driver waited until right before the train got there then eased his car around the gate and onto the track, then stopped. Sad stuff. Not sure how the family’s lawyer handled it on his end dealing with the widow. I imagine he had no choice but to show her. Still gut wrenching to me nearly 10 years later.

So much for the Ol' Attorney-Client Priviledge...

(very kidding...)

Punter1

You would think so, but I was almost hit by a train going 40-50 mph in downtown Ft Worth. Barriers did not go down, lights did not flash, and horn wasn’t sounded. This was in the middle of the afternoon down Berry St. Had to pull over for a few minutes until I stopped shaking

Get off your phone....

Paint It Purple

Years ago I went through an open RR crossing, looked up to see nothing but massive train engine headed right at me. Only, it was stopped. Scared the pee out me nonetheless.

To this day, I look both ways, regardless of lights and gates.

Latest posts