• The KillerFrogs

Hire Joe Brady now!!!

Froggish

Can we at least wait another year or two before declaring this guy the second coming? It wasn't one year ago when Todd Orlando was a genius defensive coordinator who was turning down opportunities in order to wait for the right one. Now he's looking for a job.

Pretty crazy how much hype Brady is getting. I'm not saying its not justified but we somehow have become so reactionary as fans that historical evidence has become irrelevant. IMO we've been burned already with almost the same exact scenario in that we paid Cumbie because he was being hyped up in "up in comer" world. UT buys the hype and offers him a raise and money and we react out of pure fear to match. There was zero historical evidence that the hype around Cumbie had any substance and yet we bought him. We are paying for it now. That was 100% a GP mistake and I can't believe we as fans haven't acknowledged that.

Now things aren't exactly apples to apples with Brady, because he at lease hast some evidence of quality but lets see him get that offense going having to replace his SR Heisman winning QB for a young green kid. Does the offense still work? Giving anyone a million dollars because some industry insiders and fans have anointed someone as the next great mind is an incredible gamble and frankly fiscally stupid by the administration.

And again....We've been down that road and been torched.

Lone Frog

Luring Brady away with money ain't gonna happen. After this season, Louisiana would pass an extra 10% sales tax just to raise the money to keep him. He's there until he fails or decides to leave.

Wexahu

Pretty crazy how much hype Brady is getting. I'm not saying its not justified but we somehow have become so reactionary as fans that historical evidence has become irrelevant. IMO we've been burned already with almost the same exact scenario in that we paid Cumbie because he was being hyped up in "up in comer" world. UT buys the hype and offers him a raise and money and we react out of pure fear to match. There was zero historical evidence that the hype around Cumbie had any substance and yet we bought him. We are paying for it now. That was 100% a GP mistake and I can't believe we as fans haven't acknowledged that.

Now things aren't exactly apples to apples with Brady, because he at lease hast some evidence of quality but lets see him get that offense going having to replace his SR Heisman winning QB for a young green kid. Does the offense still work? Giving anyone a million dollars because some industry insiders and fans have anointed someone as the next great mind is an incredible gamble and frankly fiscally stupid by the administration.

And it keeps getting worse and worse thanks to social media. All hype around everything is amped up 10x just because of twitter, etc. If a similar thing had happened 30 years ago I'm not sure anyone would know who Joe Brady is, they'd just think LSU and Coach O are having a great year.

McGregor's Goat

TCU doesn't have the ability to hire Brady. LSU could and would easily match any offer TCU could make and he already has a better job than being co-OC with a moron at a program with significantly less talent.

My initial thought was that this post was hopelessly naive (like the multiple "hire Chris Petersen" comments I've seen), but I think it is probably just trolling.

Frog-in-law1995

Can we at least wait another year or two before declaring this guy the second coming? It wasn't one year ago when Todd Orlando was a genius defensive coordinator who was turning down opportunities in order to wait for the right one. Now he's looking for a job.

3 years ago that was Cumbie.

Billy Clyde

TCU doesn't have the ability to hire Brady. LSU could and would easily match any offer TCU could make and he already has a better job than being co-OC with a moron at a program with significantly less talent.

My initial thought was that this post was hopelessly naive (like the multiple "hire Chris Petersen" comments I've seen), but I think it is probably just trolling.

Maybe an impressive title to tempt him? "Co-Moron -slash- Head Moron in Waiting?" :)

4th. down

Yep, there is hype for sure but in Brady's case, it's warranted IMO. However, LSU may be enjoying the perfect storm, Burrow is gone and Jefferson is declaring for early NFL draft. It's kinda like our Peach Bowl team, which IMO was the perfect storm. Same goes for Riley, no more Heisman QBs or Pretenders or CeeDee Lamb. Riley can still push OU into another Big 12 title but can Brady put LSU into the SEC championship again?

Wexahu

Yep, there is hype for sure but in Brady's case, it's warranted IMO. However, LSU may be enjoying the perfect storm, Burrow is gone and Jefferson is declaring for early NFL draft. It's kinda like our Peach Bowl team, which IMO was the perfect storm. Same goes for Riley, no more Heisman QBs or Pretenders or CeeDee Lamb. Riley can still push OU into another Big 12 title but can Brady put LSU into the SEC championship again?

Agreed for the most part but I wouldn't be surprised at all if OU gets better QB play next year. Hurts was highly, highly overrated IMO, don't really care that he finished 2nd in the Heisman or about the stats.

4th. down

Agreed for the most part but I wouldn't be surprised at all if OU gets better QB play next year. Hurts was highly, highly overrated IMO, don't really care that he finished 2nd in the Heisman or about the stats.

I agree, way over rated. GP said he was a RB first and then QB. But........Rattler is going to take them to the promised land? Hell, how about Max doing it?

Wexahu

I agree, way over rated. GP said he was a RB first and then QB. But........Rattler is going to take them to the promised land? Hell, how about Max doing it?

I don't know but Rattler was the #1 rated QB is his class, #11 overall prospect I believe.....plus he's had a year under his belt. I think they'll be fine at QB.

Eight

i missed the first half of the lsu-ou game and ran through it last night and there are a number of things happening at lsu right now and a number of them extend beyond the impact of brady.

he is being rushed, gets flushed to the right, is going out of bounds, and throws a rainbow down field that ends up going for a big play.

nothing about that play directly comes from brady. maybe the claim is burrow is playing with such confidence right now in the lsu offense that he simply knows he is going to make such play.

there were a number of times the formations and route combinations set up mis-matches that exposed the ou secondary and that does go back to coaching, but i agree with 4th down that there are a number of ingredients in this lsu offensive gumbo so to speak that each contribute.

the one thing brady does have going for him is that there is an abundance of talent on the sidelines or on the way to lsu, but will it ever be the same? no way to know and i do wonder if this is very much like the frogs moment in time when you had the melding of talents at quarterback, receiver, back, and running back with a new system.

netty2424

Norm on The Ticket this morning said Ron Rivera was inking a deal in Washington today to coach the Redskins and was taking Joe Brady with him as the OC.

The guy has options. Good place to be.

4th. down

i missed the first half of the lsu-ou game and ran through it last night and there are a number of things happening at lsu right now and a number of them extend beyond the impact of brady.

he is being rushed, gets flushed to the right, is going out of bounds, and throws a rainbow down field that ends up going for a big play.

nothing about that play directly comes from brady. maybe the claim is burrow is playing with such confidence right now in the lsu offense that he simply knows he is going to make such play.

there were a number of times the formations and route combinations set up mis-matches that exposed the ou secondary and that does go back to coaching, but i agree with 4th down that there are a number of ingredients in this lsu offensive gumbo so to speak that each contribute.

the one thing brady does have going for him is that there is an abundance of talent on the sidelines or on the way to lsu, but will it ever be the same? no way to know and i do wonder if this is very much like the frogs moment in time when you had the melding of talents at quarterback, receiver, back, and running back with a new system.

I don't think Brady is a flash in the pan but it's very possible that this is their perfect storm. Next year will be a contrast to this fairy tale run. I mean really, Joe Brady's comes along how often in conjunction with the Burrow talent?

4th. down

I don't know but Rattler was the #1 rated QB is his class, #11 overall prospect I believe.....plus he's had a year under his belt. I think they'll be fine at QB.

You never know with these kids as you well remember Robinson and Rogers. I mean go figure - Andy, Boykin, Bram, who would have thought. With Hurts gone and CeeDee Lamb, now is our time to take it to the house.

Last edited: