• The KillerFrogs

Official J. Garrett is Fired/ New Hire Poll

Who do you want as the new Dallas Cowboys coach?

• Matt Rhule

• Lincoln Riley

• Urban Meyer

• Josh McDaniels

• Joe Brady

• Mike McCarthy

Results are only viewable after voting.

JugbandFrog

If Rhule wants control, he won't go to the Cowboys. We all know who's in control there. Just think about it. The most valuable sports franchise in the world, and they can't win squat. Unbelievable.
I think Rhule will get coaching control from Jerruh. Jerruh is as frustrated with everyone on the staff.

y2kFrog

Unfortunately, I don't think Rhule leaves for the NFL. I think the Baylor facade and Rhule getting to Briles hype levels he sticks to Baylor for a long time. He never gets criticism the media love him no matter if he is 1-11 or 11-1. He's got them all fooled like Briles had them at (and a lot of media in Texas is Baylor alumni or adopted Baylor fans). Regardless, I dont see Rhule leaving for a long time.

He barely even bothered to recruit this year, and is losing a big senior class.

He gone...

Wexahu

Kinda wonder if Jason Garrett’s real calling was to have been a college head coach.

Don’t know if he can be a good coach or not but he does himself no favors by being so guarded and having the personality of a rock. He comes across like he coaches from a coaching manual and has no feel for the game, ability to improvise, or feel for when to push certain buttons. Maybe I’m wrong about all those things but that is the way he shows himself.

Hemingway

Rhule will be a candidate for several jobs. I would think he will probably land one of them.
He seems more like a nfl guy. I can’t imagine a northeastern guy staying in Waco forever. Hanging out with Chip and Joanna Gaines, George’s Bar, then what else?

As a Cowboy fan, I hope they hire him. I happen to like the guy and think he’s a really good coach. I’ve tried to dislike him but he does genuinely seem like a good dude.
I don't dislike him but I'm not sure I see him as an NFL guy. Too corny or something; just don't see it the way some others do.

If they go with a college coach, seems like Lincoln Riley or Urban Meyer would have more gravitas to deal with millionaire football players who apparently have a pretty soft culture already.

Wexahu

I don't dislike him but I'm not sure I see him as an NFL guy. Too corny or something; just don't see it the way some others do.

If they go with a college coach, seems like Lincoln Riley or Urban Meyer would have more gravitas to deal with millionaire football players who apparently have a pretty soft culture already.

I respectfully disagree, especially when compared to Riley. He’s an OC playing head coach. I think Rhule would be a much better choice, he seems better equipped to run a team and deal with the ups and downs of an NFL season to me. With Riley it will all be about his offense.

Wexahu

And the more football I watch, I think it is a MUCH better coaching structure when you have a head coach who hires coordinators and let’s them do their jobs instead of a head coach who tries to run the offense or defense by themselves.