• The KillerFrogs

Top 10 plays of the decade

Dogfrog

you mean bryson oliver?

interesting little fact, the only offensive coach who has been with the program the entire decade is.............jarrett anderson

based upon your logic anderson was on the offensive staff for every one of the offensive plays so following your logic the common thread is anderson.

here is another interesting fact about tcu offense this decade. since joining the big 12 the frogs have only finished in the top 3rd of the conference in points scored, total offense, and the other offensive measures twice, 2014 and 2015

the frogs finished mid-conference in team offensive stats in 2016 and in 2012, 2013, 2017, 2018, and 2019 the frogs have been near the bottom of the conference in offensive stats.

so......the only two offensive staff members who have been here for each of those 8 seasons are.........anderson and burns.

But the subject at hand is Anderson as OL coach. He coached that position 2014-2016. All the rest is Anderson Derangement Syndrome.

Where is Bryson Oliver today?

Eight

But the subject at hand is Anderson as OL coach. He coached that position 2014-2016. All the rest is Anderson Derangement Syndrome.

Where is Bryson Oliver today?

who said the subject at hand was anderson as an ol coach when this is a thread about the top 10 plays of the decade.

Dogfrog

who said the subject at hand was anderson as an ol coach when this is a thread about the top 10 plays of the decade.

Well let me explain. Lots of bitching on this thread and many others about Anderson. When it comes to Anderson, he was recently moved back to OL coach, which makes his past performance there pertinent.

Eight

Well let me explain. Lots of bitching on this thread and many others about Anderson. When it comes to Anderson, he was recently moved back to OL coach, which makes his past performance there pertinent.

okay.....missed all those anderson comments on this thread and i am not sure how something like the deflected pass against tech justifies his being moved back to offensive line coach, but believe as you wish

Dogfrog

okay.....missed all those anderson comments on this thread and i am not sure how something like the deflected pass against tech justifies his being moved back to offensive line coach, but believe as you wish

So your takeaway is that one deflected pass is what got him moved back to OL? Look, I don’t have any idea whether our OL will be better with Anderson or not. But I do know that we won 29 games in the three years when he coached OL including our best offense in history. So let’s just say I’m not going to demonize the guy like most here have.

BedfordFrog68

It won't be the one from Pasadena of course, but the craziest I've gone over a play was Wayman running for first down to put us in victory formation. We had won the Rose Bowl. Gave my wife shaken baby syndrome.

Have watched the replay many times and continuously impressed by the noise Frog fans made on that last possession...but even more surprised by how much louder they were on that first down....

Wexahu

So your takeaway is that one deflected pass is what got him moved back to OL? Look, I don’t have any idea whether our OL will be better with Anderson or not. But I do know that we won 29 games in the three years when he coached OL including our best offense in history. So let’s just say I’m not going to demonize the guy like most here have.

For whatever reason, certain guys get slotted and get a reputation that is almost impossible to shake. I tend to agree with you on Anderson. Not saying he’s the absolute best we could’ve gotten but we’ve probably had the best O-line play since 2012 under his watch. There’s at least something to be said for that but nobody wants to hear it.

Dogfrog

For whatever reason, certain guys get slotted and get a reputation that is almost impossible to shake. I tend to agree with you on Anderson. Not saying he’s the absolute best we could’ve gotten but we’ve probably had the best O-line play since 2012 under his watch. There’s at least something to be said for that but nobody wants to hear it.

There is a pitchfork / dogpile aspect with social media that is sometimes a little ugly.

Eight

one deflected pass is what got him moved back to OL?[/B] Look, I don’t have any idea whether our OL will be better with Anderson or not. But I do know that we won 29 games in the three years when he coached OL including our best offense in history. So let’s just say I’m not going to demonize the guy like most here have.

no, where did i say that?

tcudoc

And sometimes there’s a bunch of idiots on here that don’t know what the hell they’re talking about.
Don't be too hard on your self...

tenor.gif