• The KillerFrogs

CGP on the Hot Seat in 2020

Frog-in-law1995

I really hope anyone who thinks GMFP is on the hot seat doesn’t actually think they are connected or knowledgeable in what is going on within our Athletic department

a few real facts for you:

There are things going on all the time that fans don’t know about - because it’s none of your business

outside of about 4 programs - we have been as competitive, if not considerably more so than almost every program in college football during our time in the B12 - programs like Tech and Aggy and Texas that have 1 or 2 more regular season wins than us during that time would trade them in a second for our conference championship and even our appearance in the CCG

if Gary’s seat is hot, it’s only because he is sitting in it 16 hours a day working to get us back to where he wants to be

and if you are calling for somebody who had 1 good year coaching a P5 program or has never been a head coach to replace him you are total dumb ass or a troll

the-rock-slow-clap.gif

wilson912

Probably because the offense was so anemic. Defense was on the field too long.

By the way, Gary is not beyond criticism. No one is. Why he doesn't hire a whiz bang special team's coach is beyond me. It has cost him a number of games in his career. He also is too loyal to his own coaches. That can be a good thing or a bad thing. Right now it is not a good thing. Hopefully he will address these problems in the off season. Hiring a terrific OC would go a long way in correcting our problems. The bottom line is Gary is still a great coach and still wants to win, but surely he even sees that we have struggled the last few years.

totally agree on ST coach—this is inexplicable! I do worry about Gary being a bit too worried about his defensive stats and ranking. The damn system is completely predicated I’m having tremendous pass rushers. We’ve been average at that position for a couple years, hence the big plays that are given up.

LeagueCityFrog

I think America is ready for some other team not named Oklahoma representing the Big XII in the CFP. OU is now 0 for 4 and had their worst showing yet on Saturday. Come on Gary let's get both sides of the ball and special teams playing punishing Frog ball again. We used to be the hammer and have started to become the nail, especially in offense.

Eight

I think America is ready for some other team not named Oklahoma representing the Big XII in the CFP. OU is now 0 for 4 and had their worst showing yet on Saturday. Come on Gary let's get both sides of the ball and special teams playing punishing Frog ball again. We used to be the hammer and have started to become the nail, especially in offense.

some remember things differently, except for 2014 and 2015 the frogs have been average to below average offensively since they joined the big 12.

not sure exactly what made things fall into place in 2014-15, but was that simply a matter of boykin? the right collection of players on offense?

Long Time Lurker

some remember things differently, except for 2014 and 2015 the frogs have been average to below average offensively since they joined the big 12.

not sure exactly what made things fall into place in 2014-15, but was that simply a matter of boykin? the right collection of players on offense?
It was Gary not being Gary and letting the offense play. He didn’t like it so he changed it and now the offense isn’t very good.

Froggish

Collection of things including a Team full of experience, a wide open system, an OC with experience, GP choking back his conservative tendencies, and a conference who wasn’t used to seeing TCU play that style of offense. Also known as a perfect storm

smufrogger

It’s a magical combination of a scrambling to a threat quarterback and a clutch receiver Boykin doctsomsimilar to Johnny Manziel and Evans
The playcalling is it so important when you’ve got that combination

Eight

It’s a magical combination of a scrambling to a threat quarterback and a clutch receiver Boykin doctsomsimilar to Johnny Manziel and Evans
The playcalling is it so important when you’ve got that combination

the 2014 offense was far more than boykin and doctson.

frogs got 41 catches from listenbee for 753 yards and 4 scores after doing next to nothing for 2 years and dante' gray had his career year with 36 catches for 582 yards and 8 td's...

not even including porter, slanina, and the backs.

LeagueCityFrog

With the Cowboys finally firing their head coach today, does Gary take a look at Kellen Moore to come in and get the offense jump started?

Dallas was #1 in total offense and #6 in scoring offense. I'm sure Kellen Moore doesn't want to leave Tarrant County. Just a thought. Could Moore do for TCU's offense, what that former New Orleans Saints coach did for LSU's offense this season?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...erence=ALL&role=TM&season=2019&seasonType=REG

Frog-in-law1995

With the Cowboys finally firing their head coach today, does Gary take a look at Kellen Moore to come in and get the offense jump started?

Dallas was #1 in total offense and #6 in scoring offense. I'm sure Kellen Moore doesn't want to leave Tarrant County. Just a thought. Could Moore do for TCU's offense, what that former New Orleans Saints coach did for LSU's offense this season?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...erence=ALL&role=TM&season=2019&seasonType=REG

They haven’t fired any of them yet.

texas_sicilian

Is it just me or is it wild they took such a chance on KM with no formal play calling experience prior?

Heck, Cumbie had/has more experience, not that that’s saying much.

fff91

Does any one know for certain that GP puts the handcuffs on the offiense? If so, then what a mistake. If he doesn't like the Air Raid, then run another version of the spread that has more emphasis on run and play action - a la Clemson and others.

That is the part I don't get. If he wants more of a power run game, then use an offense designed for that -

Is it just me or is it wild they took such a chance on KM with no formal play calling experience prior?

Heck, Cumbie had/has more experience, not that that’s saying much.
He had been around a couple of years so they probably had a good idea what he could bring to the table. As for the Cumbie comparison, just imagine for a minute the idea of him trying to coordinate an offense and call plays for an NFL team. That would be some must see TV.

LeagueCityFrog

I think the handcuffs went on Cumbie during year one of Kenny Hill and all those interceptions he was throwing then smiling on the way back to our sideline. The smiling may have been a nervous tick.

4th. down

He had been around a couple of years so they probably had a good idea what he could bring to the table. As for the Cumbie comparison, just imagine for a minute the idea of him trying to coordinate an offense and call plays for an NFL team. That would be some must see TV.

^^^^^^^

That is a reality check in case you were undecided.

Does any one know for certain that GP puts the handcuffs on the offiense? If so, then what a mistake. If he doesn't like the Air Raid, then run another version of the spread that has more emphasis on run and play action - a la Clemson and others.

That is the part I don't get. If he wants more of a power run game, then use an offense designed for that -
I’ve said this elsewhere but Sonny Dykes insists that he doesn’t.