• The KillerFrogs

What’s our football identity these days?

Froggish

I’m struggling to figure out what our identity is as a program since joining the B12. Before getting into the B12 it was easy as we were almost always more talented than our conference mates, every bit as tough, and we had a fair degree of inventiveness on sidelines with GPs scheme.

These days I’m not sure we have any of those advantages other than GPs scheme is still holding up. So who are we now? We are sure to be on our 4th play caller soon and it feel like we are grasping at straws.

What’s our identity and how to get back to some of the advantages we used to have?

dobbiesquad4

I’m struggling to figure out what our identity is as a program since joining the B12. Before getting into the B12 it was easy as we were almost always more talented than our conference mates, every bit as tough, and we had a fair degree of inventiveness on sidelines with GPs scheme.

These days I’m not sure we have any of those advantages other than GPs scheme is still holding up. So who are we now? We are sure to be on our 4th play caller soon and it feel like we are grasping at straws.

What’s our identity and how to get back to some of the advantages we used to have?

My wife are both graduates of TCU early 1990’s, so we continue to bleed purple. However, we now live in Birmingham, Alabama, where I work for the UAB Health system, my wife is in Grad school, my oldest is a Sophomore and youngest just got accepted. So I’m going to re-live our glory days in CUSA rooting on UAB and placing faith in Coach Patterson, that he will right the ship. I would have preferred to go see the Frogs in a bowl, instead we went to NOLA for the New Orleans Bowl.

Dogfrog

These questions echo as we stare into the deep abyss.

Eight

i think the lack of an identity is something that has plagued the tcu offense for most of their time in the big 12

being multiple or balanced is not an identity, temp is not an identity, and i don't think it has been an accident tcu has been average at best more seasons than not.

this is why it is critical they bring in offensive coaches/analysts who know what it takes to forge an offensive identity from drawing it up, teaching it, recruiting for it, developing talent in it, and calling it

Wexahu

Used to be speed and discipline. I think we still have speed, but lacking discipline. Too many dropped passes, missed assignments, missed tackles and penalties. I think that falls on coaches and players which leaves us in the current position we're in.

Amidst all the sarcastic responses, I think this is about right. We used to be highly disciplined and play with a nasty edge, now we get that at times but not near often enough to call it an identity anymore. To mirror what GP has said in recent years, I’m not sure losing bothers the team enough, and I’d probably include the coaches in that statement. Maybe it isn’t complacency but attitude that we’re gonna scratch and claw with everything we’ve got in every area of the program doesn’t seem to be there anymore.

Latest posts