• The KillerFrogs

OU players to be Suspended for Drugs

RoyaltyWorePurple

Just checking back in.
Is there any more information on the suspected suspensions or has this thread taken the usual dive into arguments where people harp on each other for their views and those who want to be more "woke" or whatever you call it say stuff that is just as offensive and "closed minded" while others harp with disdain the same way from the other direction?

In short, do any of you bunch of scholars have an update on the supposed news about players getting popped?
This a religious views forum. I think you meant to click on the OU suspension thread.

TX_Krötenechse

Do you support the teachings and life example of Paul the Apostle or reject him out of hand because of his past as Saul?

How do you interpret the prodigal son parable? Do you not see the father's love as an example for how Christians should treat those who return to the fold?

Or what about the parable of the lost sheep? In Matthew 18:12-14 "What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.

Even Jesus sacrificed himself on the Cross for our sins.

I think there are plenty of reasons why Christians should support new Christians and encourage them to strengthen their faith regardless of their past.

When I used the word support I was not thinking of financial support, I meant moral support and guidance for Brian. However, I do believe it is important that Christians do support each other and that should include using Christian businesses.

I am not really sure what a far right Christian movie is. Perhaps you could elaborate on that? Of Bosworth's Christian movies, I have only seen Do You Believe? I would characterize it as evangelical but certainly not advocating for any kind of ethnonationlism.

I did make the choice to switch out Netflix with PureFlix. Part of the reason I did this was because I did not like the low moral messages that were being promoted on Netflix and Hollywood. I wanted to support those who are trying to bring more wholesome entertainment especially if it had a positive Christian message. Every so often I will watch a Hollywood movie and be instantly reminded why I made the switch.
Ok boomer

When you have someone on ignore the threads can look very odd from time to time.

When someone you have on ignore starts deleting posts the thing looks exponentially weirder when you are block them to see wth is up

Mean Purple

Unfortunate. They know the rules and have to realize they walked into it, but hate to see kids do something that keeps them out of opportunities they could have worked. Kids mess up, even older kids.
Get through the punishment, then get back on track. Learn from it and put it behind them.

HG73

The players may need the mj for pain relief. Or as a sleep aid. Appetite stimulus?

Glaucoma. That's it.