• The KillerFrogs

Blacklock declares for draft

Eight

I would assume this year we will have 4 maybe 5 drafted.....Have to be a TCU record?

Also how did we lose 7 with that much NFL talent?

early season issues at defensive end and linebacker, problems the second half of the year in the offensive line, inconsistent play from the receivers and at quarterback all year long, and then there were issues in the offensive play calling/ scheme etc....

simply having talented players doesn't guarantee success and when you have some pretty damn big holes in some key positions combined with issues with offensive scheme etc... you aren't immune to a disappointing year

Froggish

early season issues at defensive end and linebacker, problems the second half of the year in the offensive line, inconsistent play from the receivers and at quarterback all year long, and then there were issues in the offensive play calling/ scheme etc....

simply having talented players doesn't guarantee success and when you have some pretty damn big holes in some key positions combined with issues with offensive scheme etc... you aren't immune to a disappointing year

I hope we figure all those issues out this off season. Losing 6 key contributors on Off and 5 on Def. That’s a lot of talent and experience moving on from a 5 win team

froginmn

is he going to sit out the bowl game?
InfantileDisloyalBordercollie-size_restricted.gif

flyfishingfrog

Good luck big man.

Hope he gets a combine invite, I think it will showcase his skills really well and help him immensely.

since he is leaving, hoping he goes high and makes a big impact

always concerning when kids ignore their readiness evaluation grade from the pros - not sure how many players have proven it wrong recently

Moose Stuff

We hade plenty of folks declare early. Most didn’t pan out and could have used more time in school.

I wish him the best of luck.

For the vast majority of those guys the extra year wouldn’t have made a difference. It would have been beneficial to us, but not them. A guy like Chris Hackett for example wasn’t gonna magically get faster his last year at TCU and all of a sudden become a bona fide NFL prospect. The main benefit IMO, is staying the extra year to make sure you get your degree (IIRC Hackett had his degree already).

Froggish

I think 3 maybe 4 is probably closer to the truth. Just my opinion.

Will be interesting. I think Ross, Reagor, Gladney, and Niang are probably all picks..beyond that it will depend on if Sewo, Cordell, or Anderson can turn some heads in post season games/pro days

Will be interesting. I think Ross, Reagor, Gladney, and Niang are probably all picks..beyond that it will depend on if Sewo, Cordell, or Anderson can turn some heads in post season games/pro days
I would be surprised if all of your first four don't get drafted at some point. Of the next three, I guess it wouldn't surprise me either way as they all have some pluses and minuses. Anderson maybe the most likely?

Anyway, good luck to all of them.