• The KillerFrogs

2019-20 bowl games thread

berryfrog95

Tonight’s game was quite entertaining!

pitt with an incredible Td catch with 1 min left to win.zz

Nearly ended with a TKO of a ref, EMU qb lost his cool and pinched two Pitt players..

Last edited:
Tonight’s game was quite entertaining!

pitt with an incredible Td catch with 1 min left to win.zz

Nearly ended with a TKO of a ref, EMU qb lost his cool and pinched two Pitt players..
Can't say this is a game I circled when the bowl schedule was announced but like you said, a very entertaining game. Sucks that we don't have a game to look forward to but the season seems to pass so quickly and then there is nothing for eight months so I enjoy it while I can.

helcap

Yeah that makes zero sense to me.
Not the first time James has done this. He gifted Beats by Dre headphones to OSU prior to the 2014 Championship Game. The explanation at time by ESPN was

The gift was not a violation of NCAA rules.

"The headphones were donated to Ohio State and were distributed within permissible NCAA limitations on awards," the spokesperson said.
Schools are allowed to give their players gifts worth $400 for the national championship game, and the winning team can give an additional $415 in gifts to its players. The value of the Beats By Dre headphones will be deducted from that amount. The amount deducted is normally the wholesale price of the item, not what it sells for at retail. The headphones given by Beats By Dre to the players cost close to $300 at retail, which would put the gift at a wholesale price of about $175.

Maybe this has been extended to the teams in the semi-finals

Moose Stuff

Not the first time James has done this. He gifted Beats by Dre headphones to OSU prior to the 2014 Championship Game. The explanation at time by ESPN was

"The headphones were donated to Ohio State and were distributed within permissible NCAA limitations on awards," the spokesperson said.
Schools are allowed to give their players gifts worth $400 for the national championship game, and the winning team can give an additional $415 in gifts to its players. The value of the Beats By Dre headphones will be deducted from that amount. The amount deducted is normally the wholesale price of the item, not what it sells for at retail. The headphones given by Beats By Dre to the players cost close to $300 at retail, which would put the gift at a wholesale price of about $175.

scheiss the NCAA.

MTfrog5

I stand by my comment

Pharm Frog

I stand by my comment

I would say that I hope oSU gets demolished in their first round matchup but it's kind of tough to root for that when I also wish Clemson gets crushed and LSU gets crushed and OU gets crushed. I'm in a no-win situation so I'm hoping for dreadfully boring football games with 3 hours of additional commercials per game and play clock malfunctions and record numbers of penalties called (especially targeting penalties) and an obscene numbers of replay reviews.

Froggish

Looking forward to watching the B12 get going in these bowl games..All year I’ve maintained that the conference is better than given credit for and there is some salty defense being played