• The KillerFrogs

LSU receivers catching passes

4th. down

They’re college football players so I don’t understand the argument some try to make that any aspect of their game, including the ability to consistently catch a football, is a finished product. Of course coaching matters and if you don’t have the best you can get at every position, then you’re not going to be as good as you could be. Not a difficult concept.

At this point, at least offensively, I don't think GP has shown a tendency to be the best at every offensive position, at least from a position coach perspective. Donati has said publicly that TCU has the resources. I guess we will find out after the NC game but his first move was not selecting the best offensive line coach TCU could afford in an extensive search both collegiate and pro.

At this point, at least offensively, I don't think GP has shown a tendency to be the best at every offensive position, at least from a position coach perspective. Donati has said publicly that TCU has the resources. I guess we will find out after the NC game but his first move was not selecting the best offensive line coach TCU could afford in an extensive search both collegiate and pro.
Yeah we’ll see what they come up with for the additional positions and there is no need to continue to beat a dead horse on the Anderson deal but no one would say he’s the best OL coach TCU could have hired. GP may think he is somehow capable but literally no one would say he is the best we we could have hired.

McFroggin

Yeah we’ll see what they come up with for the additional positions and there is no need to continue to beat a dead horse on the Anderson deal but no one would say he’s the best OL coach TCU could have hired. GP may think he is somehow capable but literally no one would say he is the best we we could have hired.

a dead horse could coach better than Anderson.

Froggish

As it relates to coaching, GP values continuity, familiarity, and what he considers a sure thing over bringing in alpha’s into TCUs ecosystem. That just feels to risky. I’m looking forward to seeing how he navigates the staff changes as seeing 2 leave on the offensive side of the ball is kind of forcing him into change. This next 3-4 weeks should be fun for a lot of reasons

4th. down

"As it relates to coaching, GP values continuity, familiarity, and what he considers a sure thing over bringing in alpha’s into TCUs ecosystem."

^^^^^^^
He is not going to be challenged. That's just who he is for better or worse. it ain't going to happen.

With TCU's resources and the program at an offensive crossroad, why not do a national search for the best offensive line coach we can afford? He is NOT going to bring in someone with a national reputation at that discipline and to tell him you are doing it all wrong.

A competent Head Coach should possess the skill to assemble a staff of quality assistants with the same facility as those

required to evaluate potential recruits.

Froggish

"As it relates to coaching, GP values continuity, familiarity, and what he considers a sure thing over bringing in alpha’s into TCUs ecosystem."

^^^^^^^
He is not going to be challenged. That's just who he is for better or worse. it ain't going to happen.

With TCU's resources and the program at an offensive crossroad, why not do a national search for the best offensive line coach we can afford? He is NOT going to bring in someone with a national reputation at that discipline and to tell him you are doing it all wrong.

For what it’s worth, I think ultimately if you really had the luxury to press GP, he would tell you the issues arent coaching related.

Froggish

What are the issues? The coaches recruit the players, the coaches develop the players in practice and the coaches coach the players during the game

I think the buck stops with coaches and whenever players aren’t achieving they should probably start by examining where they might be failing them. Having said that, there have been a lot of undertones out of GP about kids buying in, studying, and being better teammates. It just leads me to believe he thinks he has the right coaches in place