• The KillerFrogs

Streaming Sports service recommendation

hornedfrog86

Hi, I am looking to cut the cord and go streaming via Roku. What are you smart folks using to watch college football. I see that Hulu and YouTube TV offer the networks (FOX ESPN) that I watch.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

tcujsauce

Yeah, I have no experience with the Firestick but have been very happy so far with the Roku/YouTube TV combo.

I’ve been Firesticking for the last 4-5 years up until we cut the cord and got YoutubeTV. The major issue is that since Amazon/Google don’t like to play together, there’s only a bootleg janky app for YTTV on the Fire streaming devices. We use my XboxOne in the man cave, and Google Chromecast in the living room.

Double D

Tier 1
YouTubeTV. Also antenna in attic for my favorite reruns from the 70s, and 80s via Cozi, MeTv, H&I, etc. I've got more than I can watch.

Also, YouTubeTV has unlimited cloud DVR included.

mcdaddy

YouTubeTV. Also antenna in attic for my favorite reruns from the 70s, and 80s via Cozi, MeTv, H&I, etc. I've got more than I can watch.

Also, YouTubeTV has unlimited cloud DVR included.
Forget the antenna—just today I discovered the Locast app which has all the local channels (for DFW and several other cities) for free. I watch on AppleTV but I think it’s available on all the other devices.

GenXFrog

I’ve been Firesticking for the last 4-5 years up until we cut the cord and got YoutubeTV. The major issue is that since Amazon/Google don’t like to play together, there’s only a bootleg janky app for YTTV on the Fire streaming devices. We use my XboxOne in the man cave, and Google Chromecast in the living room.

Youtube TV was released by Google to the Firestick a few months ago. Works great.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/30/...-stick-cube-edition-smart-cable-dvr-discovery

Mean Purple

YouTube tv has been really good. Started using it just before football season, mainly because some travel on game days. And it should update to where you are at. It think mine has been a rare exception because of the way my internet gets routed. I am in Wyoming right now, but I am getting Austin local channels. Which is odd because I actually live in Denton County. My net service gets hosted out of San Marcos.
But nobody I have talked to has that issue. And I'm pretty sure if I use the wifi here at our host it would update to here.

Double D

Tier 1
Locast is great if you like being interrupted every 15 minutes asking for a donation.

Besides its a compressed signal = poorer quality. Antenna is not compressed.

Have fun with trying to make Locast work.

Forget the antenna—just today I discovered the Locast app which has all the local channels (for DFW and several other cities) for free. I watch on AppleTV but I think it’s available on all the other devices.