• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s light bulb scandal is as funny as the NCAA’s ‘punishment’ for it

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s light bulb scandal is as funny as the NCAA’s ‘punishment’ for it

By Big Steaming Pile

The question has often been asked: How many football players does it take to screw in a light bulb? And TCU bravely sought to find the exact answer through its own athletic department.

What we learned is that not just football players can do the job. Men’s and women’s basketball players are required to help to complete the arduous task.

The answer is 33.

On Friday, just in time for Christmas, TCU was put on NCAA probation after it self-reported that 33 student-athletes were paid for work they did not do in on-campus jobs at the university’s physical plant.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article238599213.html#storylink=cpy

4 Oaks Frog

Scandal?? The only thing scandalous here is Muc’s attempt at being cute...
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Brog

Actually not a bad article (I read it so you don’t have to) as Mac takes aim at the NCAA more than TCU here. One good line was if we paid football players more per hour to change light bulbs we could have landed better recruits. The fact that we got slapped before any actual penalties hit Baylor is disgusting.

No, don't agree. He takes such pleasure in ridiculing TCU ("how many lightbulbs" etc) is what I can't understand. He can report on something, comment on it, all fine, but he really seems to take pleasure in finding fault of and mocking the Frogs.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
No, don't agree. He takes such pleasure in ridiculing TCU ("how many lightbulbs" etc) is what I can't understand. He can report on something, comment on it, all fine, but he really seems to take pleasure in finding fault of and mocking the Frogs.
Mac is an opinion writer, not a journalist, if you’re looking for straight, hard hitting news I don’t think any of the local papers are going to meet your requirements. As far as Mac articles go, this one is rather tame.

Brog

Mac is an opinion writer, not a journalist, if you’re looking for straight, hard hitting news I don’t think any of the local papers are going to meet your requirements. As far as Mac articles go, this one is rather tame.

You're right. Rather tame. But just consistent with his other stuff.

BleedNPurple

I can’t understand why our physical plant has so many athletes on staff? At least it wasn’t a bunch of football players being paid $50k to not work at an alumnus car dealership OU/Aggies etc...