• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Did TCU land the next Josh Doctson? Recruiting expert Billy Wessels talks 2020 class.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Did TCU land the next Josh Doctson? Recruiting expert Billy Wessels talks 2020 class.

By Drew Davison

TCU football felt it had a banner day on Wednesday, hauling in a top-notch recruiting class for 2020.

The Horned Frogs flipped a couple high-profile targets such as Temple wide receiver Quentin Johnston and Louisiana safety Ja’Darius “Bud” Clark.

Overall, recruiting sites had TCU with respectable rankings. As far as Rivals, TCU has the No. 36 class in the country and No. 4 in the Big 12.

The Star-Telegram discussed the class with Billy Wessels, the publisher of TCU’s Rivals site PurpleMenace.com.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article238559988.html#storylink=cpy

Limp Lizard

The big question in my mind is that did our receivers drop a lot of passes before or after coming to TCU? Guess we will know after we see these new "sure handed" players next year.

RoyaltyWorePurple

The big question in my mind is that did our receivers drop a lot of passes before or after coming to TCU? Guess we will know after we see these new "sure handed" players next year.
Do a couple of you have "Beating Chain" going? Similar to a turnover chain but for who can be the biggest beating in these forums. I'm guessing you're just trying to beat out LawFrog.

Mean Purple

So are there active members that post on PurpleMenace? (honest question)
I sometimes look at other sites to see if there is a level of smart a-- that can compare to here. The shaggy bevo guys were close. Other than that, have not really seen anything at this level.

Eight

interesting that billy is good with a depth chart of max, baldwin who is yet to play, and eil who is recovering from reconstructive surgery on a knee.

i don't think there is a freshman prospect who tcu could sign that would be able to provide quality depth next year aside possibly morris, but i do think the frogs are in a bit of a tenuous position with that depth chart at quarterback right now considering nothing else but injury

Wexahu

interesting that billy is good with a depth chart of max, baldwin who is yet to play, and eil who is recovering from reconstructive surgery on a knee.

i don't think there is a freshman prospect who tcu could sign that would be able to provide quality depth next year aside possibly morris, but i do think the frogs are in a bit of a tenuous position with that depth chart at quarterback right now considering nothing else but injury

I’m guessing Downing might be a serviceable player, if not better than that. Pretty sure he’ll be higher up the depth chart than Williams next year. I don’t think the QB depth chart looks that bad, in this day and age you’re never gonna have more than 2-3 good prospects.

VA Froggie

There is one thing that all schools have issues with, high rated athletes sitting on the bench waiting to play. Ive often wondered how a 4 star recruit sits on the UT bench or OU bench and there have to be a lot of them. On the other hand Patterson has always been great at finding the 2 A prospect that is thrilled to have a chance to play at TCU and tries to prove Patterson right in giving him a chance to play.