• The KillerFrogs

This Day...Crazy

Eight

Speculation is rampant as one would expect, but really believe that one or more of the following end up with us - Jerry Kill, Andrew H. Stoker, Joseph Turner, Fran, and or LT. It's been mentioned that a NEW position is being opened up and that would be more to Kill, Fran and or LT.

Numerous problems with the above and I don't see a Passing Game CO in there. For a RB coach, don't think Stoker would come, he has some major experience with coaching positions for 2 different pro teams and seems comfortable with his current position with the Illini.

We have 2 major problems that hopefully GP will address - Offensive line and a Passing Game CO. Let's hope he does.

why in the world would gary bring fran back to the program?

kill i believe is an analyst or has a titled position at vtech and i could see him being brought in to help cumbie build an offense based upon jerry's work history.

he might not be cutting edge, but i think he has shown he can set up a power run based offense.

turner is an interesting name and that position requires a recruiter and mentor as much as a technical coach

Mean Purple

kill i believe is an analyst or has a titled position at vtech and i could see him being brought in to help cumbie build an offense based upon jerry's work history.

he might not be cutting edge, but i think he has shown he can set up a power run based offense.

turner is an interesting name and that position requires a recruiter and mentor as much as a technical coach
While TCU are a power 5, Frogs are still not what considered by some to be a "blue blood", etc. Is a power run based offense really something that can be really expected to match up to the so called "blue bloods" who supposedly have a leg up on TCU in recruiting the lineman and running backs needed to be consistent?

Seems like the past couple of years the frogs have gotten away from what they did in 2014 and 2015. Is it just that we have executed so poorly and not gotten to full speed or is it that the frogs have changes offensive philosphy?

If it is the latter, why not go back to what we were doing? (realize this goes back to the possibility that GP has clamped down the offense/pushing TOP/win by 1 yada yada yada) If TCU can't match up in certain personel recruiting, than go back to what they did in 2014 and 2015 and do what wins. set up for the team you have to work with. Wins are more improtant than defensive stats.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

Fran is an old friend of GMFP, knows the game well, and isn't doing much right now past fretting about tee times. He would make a fine analyst, and is someone that can tell GMFP that he's wrong and be listened to.

Jerry Kill is also an old friend of GMFP, and is someone who can tell him when he's wrong. He also inspires his players in ways others cannot.

Both are salty old farts who would be valuable additions.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
While TCU are a power 5, Frogs are still not what considered by some to be a "blue blood", etc. Is a power run based offense really something that can be really expected to match up to the so called "blue bloods" who supposedly have a leg up on TCU in recruiting the lineman and running backs needed to be consistent?

Seems like the past couple of years the frogs have gotten away from what they did in 2014 and 2015. Is it just that we have executed so poorly and not gotten to full speed or is it that the frogs have changes offensive philosphy?

If it is the latter, why not go back to what we were doing? (realize this goes back to the possibility that GP has clamped down the offense/pushing TOP/win by 1 yada yada yada) If TCU can't match up in certain personel recruiting, than go back to what they did in 2014 and 2015 and do what wins. set up for the team you have to work with. Wins are more improtant than defensive stats.

Watch a lot of soccer? I are not a fan of the usage...

Rex Ringo

We haven't done what we did in 2014/15 because we don't have the same personnel. Last two seasons have been rough, but we've been starting a freshman at QB both times. Last time GP had a QB with more than one year of experience at TCU and didn't finish in the top 10 was, what 2006? The playcalling has been frustrating but we've also been limited in what's possible.

Eight

Fran is an old friend of GMFP, knows the game well, and isn't doing much right now past fretting about tee times. He would make a fine analyst, and is someone that can tell GMFP that he's wrong and be listened to.

Jerry Kill is also an old friend of GMFP, and is someone who can tell him when he's wrong. He also inspires his players in ways others cannot.

fran hasn't coached in four years since that trainwreck of a time at texas state and that was four years after his debacle at atm.

i really have no clue as to what fran could show gary other than how to stay at the table too damn long based upon this last two head coaching jobs.

kill i understand as he is still actively involved, but fran has been tapped out for years and i thought the reason anderson and sharp were on staff were to take turns driving the golf cart for gary at colonial.

WIN

Know Fran and GP are old friends but would be shocked if Fran was allowed to participate in any part of the program. Fran caused some deep wounds among the alumni and staff.

Eight

who said the frogs can't recruit the offensive linemen and running backs needed for a power running game?

on paper the frogs just stacked there third very good offensive line recruiting class in a row and there is going to be talent at running back

i have no idea why the frogs have opted to go to the zone blocking scheme focused on the quarterback running the read option and away from the run game we saw in 2017

what is past is in the past now and time to reshape things to maximize the offensive talent on campus and there is and will be talent.

whomever is the next offensive line damn way needs to be not only a great developer of talent, but someone who understands the run game, can teach it, and draw the thing up

the offense needs to come up with a true identity and build from there and this is the chance.

Bob

"turner is an interesting name and that position requires a recruiter and mentor as much as a technical coach"

He could also show what it means to give 100% for the team, because he sure as hell did.

Trelvis

People complain about having "too many Gary guys" on the staff but yet I've seen L.T., Joseph Turner, and Sam Carter mentioned within the last week...

Eight

People complain about having "too many Gary guys" on the staff but yet I've seen L.T., Joseph Turner, and Sam Carter mentioned within the last week...

one point about sam carter is he has played for gary and worked for another head coach/ dc in another system.

that is different than from an assistant who basically only worked in gary's system

JockO de Frog

one point about sam carter is he has played for gary and worked for another head coach/ dc in another system.

that is different than from an assistant who basically only worked in gary's system
Plus, Sam was smart and was the quarterback for the defense for two years. If anyone knows coach P's defense it is Sam. He is now at Arkansas, right?

Eight

Plus, Sam was smart and was the quarterback for the defense for two years. If anyone knows coach P's defense it is Sam. He is now at Arkansas, right?

yes, barry odom who was the hc at missouri has been hired to be the dc for pittman at arkansas.

carter had been an analyst at mizzou and worked with db's and impressed odom enough that he is giving sam his first shot at being a position coach working with the arkansas corners

4th. down

Yes, as Analyst, and that's all they would be interested in. Believe GP is headed in this direction to get Sonny some help, which they would.

Froggish

Kill would be a very smart move for the program. It may not show up in scheme but it would make a huge impact in execution and being more fundamentally sound. As an analyst he would be a homerun

puckster59

these job offers didn't just come today so i suspect gary has been aware and doing his due diligence on potential replacements
I don’t think there’s a head coach in the country who doesnt have a constantly updated list of replacement candidates for his whole staff. Same with ADs. They have to have lists for every coaching position.