• The KillerFrogs

Chris Thomsen is leaving for FSU

Mean Purple

Am I missing something here? Pretty much the whole college football universe knew Thomsen was interested in the position and the likely pick for the FSU gig. That has been out there since the 9th.

Luper worked hard for the Frogs. But it seemed he was headed to the door. Does not look like he had much say on play calling here. And that would continue under Drinkwitz up there. With his son getting an offer up there today, this makes sense.

How many of the recruits that signed today were brought in because of Luper? Many of them seemed to thank some others.

Wexahu

Am I missing something here? Pretty much the whole college football universe knew Thomsen was interested in the position and the likely pick for the FSU gig. That has been out there since the 9th.

Luper worked hard for the Frogs. But it seemed he was headed to the door. Does not look like he had much say on play calling here. And that would continue under Drinkwitz up there. With his son getting an offer up there today, this makes sense.

How many of the recruits that signed today were brought in because of Luper? Many of them seemed to thank some others.

He did seem to be more in the background this recruiting season. Coaches move on ALL THE TIME. Take guys like Sonny Dykes, Matt Rhule, or Matt Campbell. Do kids they are recruiting really think those guys are going to be coaching them throughout their careers? What’s going to happen is they are either going to not succeed and probably get fired or do well and move on in a year or two to greener pastures.

Moose Stuff

Luper recruited Richardson and I believe that’s it.

Mean Purple

He did seem to be more in the background this recruiting season. Coaches move on ALL THE TIME. Take guys like Sonny Dykes, Matt Rhule, or Matt Campbell. Do kids they are recruiting really think those guys are going to be coaching them throughout their careers? What’s going to happen is they are either going to not succeed and probably get fired or do well and move on in a year or two to greener pastures.
I would imagine he was key in getting Dominic, but I think he was the only RB we signed today. But I think he also plays defense.

ECM

2 things.

1) I really hope the players knew before they signed.
2) GP/JD better get these two hires right, cause these are our two best all around coach/recruiters on the offense.
Not saying this to troll TCU (because it happens everywhere), but why does the asst coach carousel seem to start spinning and assistants begin jumping ship right after guys they’ve presumably recruited sign their NLIs? That just seems messed up all around.

WhatTheFrog

Not saying this to troll TCU (because it happens everywhere), but why does the asst coach carousel seem to start spinning and assistants begin jumping ship right after guys they’ve presumably recruited sign their NLIs? That just seems messed up all around.
Smeh

ThisIsOurTime

It probably has more to do with the coaches agreeing they will stay on through the recruiting deadline before going to other jobs. Every industry has their standard operating procedures and this is probably one of them. Plus, this month is probably the time when most coaches are interviewing or talking to coaches about openings because at other times in the year they are coaching their team and doing their own recruiting.

You are also assuming the assistant coaches aren't telling players they are recruiting that they are taking another job. I am sure you have coaches that do tell players and some that do not. The big business of college football has not helped the morality of things. The rules now allow for the players themselves to do a number of things that could be seen as selfish or opportunistic. Ex. sit out games to not risk injury for NFL, not willing to switch positions to help team, transfer out at the drop of a hat, graduate transfers, players pushing to get paid despite free education, etc. And I would support a rise in moral standards from all parties but that is not the direction the NCAA is going.