• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Moose Stuff

Im hearing that we have more departures than are public right now. We have the fewest commits of any Big12 school. Don’t get me wrong, I like the guys we have. Bragging on our average star rating when we probably have the most open slots in the Big12 is a bit premature. I want to see our staff close hard, not pump up early numbers to later disappoint.

SMH.

froginmn

We’ve done it before. Demercado has worked out as a fair 3rd string back, but he was a desperation move after our highly recruited RB couldn’t qualify and another WR/RB left the program.
RPMJ3ZO2FS2JV4DPKM2L6FP47A.jpg

Atomic Frawg

Im hearing that we have more departures than are public right now. We have the fewest commits of any Big12 school. Don’t get me wrong, I like the guys we have. Bragging on our average star rating when we probably have the most open slots in the Big12 is a bit premature. I want to see our staff close hard, not pump up early numbers to later disappoint.
Can you secretly enter the transfer portal. If so, what's the point if no one knows you're there?

Bill Bozeat

Here is my question for the experts

We can attribute each signee to particular coach responsible
Fitch Luper Modkins Gonzales Cumbie Thomsen Kelly are given
But Who did the others get? And is that another cause for change
More Fitch's

4th. down

so what was quentin johnston doing the night before signing with tcu?

5df9a53e2d4e9.image.jpg

quentin is a 3-sport athlete who helped temple win their district opener by 28 over visiting belton.

johsnton also high jumps (pr of 6'10") and long jumps ( pr of 22'5"_

At least with BB players who also play football you know 2 things you are getting for sure, hands and jumping ability - Johnston has both, Doctson clone coming online, going to be a real good one for us and mucho needed ASAP.

Moose Stuff

At this point I would usually start compiling a decent list of players who did not sign that we can expect to target for the next signing day but it’s a real short one right now. I would put Savion Williams and Corey Wren on there due to the late losses of Gray and Holiday but can’t really come up with anyone else. I guess you could could add Chandler Morris but that seems pretty unlikely at this point. I’m open to suggestions.

MTfrog5

At this point I would usually start compiling a decent list of players who did not sign that we can expect to target for the next signing day but it’s a real short one right now. I would put Savion Williams and Corey Wren on there due to the late losses of Gray and Holiday but can’t really come up with anyone else. I guess you could could add Chandler Morris but that seems pretty unlikely at this point. I’m open to suggestions.
Would love to get Williams

Eight

i like williams as a prospect, but the frogs signed three " bigger" receivers so i would like to add a bit of quickness and like wren a great deal.

curious of malik hornsby is set on playing quarterback or if he would be interested in changing positions.

one guy who is interesting to me is kelvontay dixon of carthage. he primarily plays receiver for them, but has some size so he could be effective running the ball a bit and while he might not blister the stop watch like wren he makes a great deal of plays against some east texas teams that normally have a bit of speed

curious if the frogs are going to try to land a tight end and they have to land a quarterback simply for depth reasons, but i am not sure a high school prospect is the place to start.

i would like to see the frogs add at least one defensive end they think (not hope) can provide productive depth as well as some interior offensive linemen.

as i have said elsewhere i am fine with them signing a few additional high school prospects and then landing grad transfers to fill those holes.

Moose Stuff

i like williams as a prospect, but the frogs signed three " bigger" receivers so i would like to add a bit of quickness and like wren a great deal.

curious of malik hornsby is set on playing quarterback or if he would be interested in changing positions.

one guy who is interesting to me is kelvontay dixon of carthage. he primarily plays receiver for them, but has some size so he could be effective running the ball a bit and while he might not blister the stop watch like wren he makes a great deal of plays against some east texas teams that normally have a bit of speed

curious if the frogs are going to try to land a tight end and they have to land a quarterback simply for depth reasons, but i am not sure a high school prospect is the place to start.

i would like to see the frogs add at least one defensive end they think (not hope) can provide productive depth as well as some interior offensive linemen.

as i have said elsewhere i am fine with them signing a few additional high school prospects and then landing grad transfers to fill those holes.

I would imagine any DE/OL we target at this point would be transfers. I wouldn’t mind a veteran WR either.