• The KillerFrogs

UIL Championships

StigFrog

First time ever watching 6-man football. What the hell is this? This is a bit, right?
Nothing more entertaining than 6-man. No need for size. Speed is what counts. If you can find the town you can find the stadium.
Playing in the second game, Richland Springs is collecting state titles like Aledo.
I saw Blum play about 20 years ago. Offense today is what I saw then.

MTfrog5

My daughter will be a year old on Friday. Due to the timing of her birth I watched every single state title game last year from start to finish. Even timed our discharge from the hospital so we could drive home between games.

It was a great week all the way around until North Shore pulled off that miracle in the last second. My dad is a Duncanville HS grad and I grew up a fan going to every game with my grandpa.
Samples is coaching which means I’ll be rooting for North Shore

LVH

It’s awesome, right?!

We used to go to see it in some of the smaller towns when I was undergrad.

People who don't live in Texas believe that Varsity Blues and Friday Night Lights is what Texas HS Football is... that's what it is, in smaller towns. Not so much the cities and suburbs.

I went to a game once at Quanah High School and it reminded me more of Varsity Blues than any 5A or 6A game in the DFW area has.

Chongo94

Nothing more entertaining than 6-man. No need for size. Speed is what counts. If you can find the town you can find the stadium.
Playing in the second game, Richland Springs is collecting state titles like Aledo.

Was it Richland Springs that had the all world athlete that crushed almost every single six man record and actually got some looks by some colleges? Probably around 12 years ago or so...can’t remember his name.

NewFrogFan

But I saw them in 1A today.....guys my size were wearing 55-99!

TheFDN

Moose Stuff

Settling in for Refugio/Post in a battle of unbeatens. Believe the younger brother of former TCU baseball commit Jared Kelley is on this Refugio team.

Moose Stuff

Refugio head coach just set back basic math into the stone age complaining that his team was forced to play 3 games in 14 days when they usually would play 3 games in 21 days. No you wouldn’t coach. Playing 3 straight Fridays is 15 days. What a moron.

Purp

Refugio head coach just set back basic math into the stone age complaining that his team was forced to play 3 games in 14 days when they usually would play 3 games in 21 days. No you wouldn’t coach. Playing 3 straight Fridays is 15 days. What a moron.
I caught that too. And he had to reiterate it in the next sentence to add to the drama. I was thinking to myself, "What am I missing?"

AroundWorldFrog

Grandview just went back to back 3A titles. Dude for them has been offensive AND defensive MVP of the game in BOTH games..... and he’s just a junior. Crazy. Odds he’s the homecoming king next year????
Not big, but damn good football instincts. Laid out a much bigger player on a solid hit also.

Is Grandview gender fluid?

Brog

Where the hell is Mount Vernon in all this? I thought they had a state championship cinched up with their new coaching staff.