• The KillerFrogs

Signing Day thread

Wexahu

Hopefully the new talent turns into some wins. It's exciting to see the recruiting "success" but it's really hollow without actual success on the field.

I know, I know. Debbie Downer. I'm always excited about a new group of Frogs coming in and this year is no different. It's just tough to put the failures of the last couple years out of my head.

The way they have all these rankings and the way they cover recruiting these days, it can almost feel like we're playing another game. We make fun of other team's lack of success and brag about how well we do just like on Saturdays, but in the end it's a bunch of 17 and 18 year old kids who aren't really even grown up yet and haven't played a game. Who in the hell really knows how they are going to turn out? I mean it is important and its fun to follow but the whole recruiting industry has kind of gotten out of hand. Who determines whether a kid is given a .8743 ranking or a .8872 ranking. Does it really matter?

Moose Stuff

The way they have all these rankings and the way they cover recruiting these days, it can almost feel like we're playing another game. We make fun of other team's lack of success and brag about how well we do just like on Saturdays, but in the end it's a bunch of 17 and 18 year old kids who aren't really even grown up yet and haven't played a game. Who in the hell really knows how they are going to turn out? I mean it is important and its fun to follow but the whole recruiting industry has kind of gotten out of hand. Who determines whether a kid is given a .8743 ranking or a .8872 ranking. Does it really matter?

Dude, wrong time/wrong place. Save it for another day.

CountryFrog

I just basically ignore the ratings. I'm excited about the kids coming in, as always, but the stars and numbers next to their names might as well be Egyptian hieroglyphics as far as I'm concerned.

As Moose alluded to, though, this is a signing day thread and we should focus on the guys coming in. I'm excited about all of them. Can't wait to hopefully get this disgusting losing taste out of my mouth in Berkeley in a few months with the help of some of these players.

Wexahu

I just basically ignore the ratings. I'm excited about the kids coming in, as always, but the stars and numbers next to their names might as well be Egyptian hieroglyphics as far as I'm concerned.

As Moose alluded to, though, this is a signing day thread and we should focus on the guys coming in. I'm excited about all of them. Can't wait to hopefully get this disgusting losing taste out of my mouth in Berkeley in a few months with the help of some of these players.

I'm excited for all of them too, that's not what I was getting at. It's a fun day for a college football fan. As for the ratings, I try to ignore them too but its kind of human nature to get a little more pumped about kids like Hayes and Johnston.

I was more talking about ragging on other team's classes because they don't have as many 4-stars, or their average ranking is this or that, whatever. Seems a little bit silly but oh well.