• The KillerFrogs

UIL Championships

Chongo94

Two Denton teams (Guyer and Ryan) will be playing for state titles in their respective divisions.

Good on Wimberley making it!

Aledo yet again gets to it. Cooper played them closer than I expected, however.

Think a couple of state games will be on Friday or maybe even Thursday next week with all the rest coming on Saturday.

Armadillo

My Chaps playing for yet another state title. Record not great in the title game but I got a good feeling about this Westlake team.

Really wish we'd have gone after the Mangum kid. We could use those sure hands on our receiving corp. he decommitted from arkie after CM was fired but committed to Cal the other day.

Eight

the duncanville v gpns will rightfully get a large event of the hype this week, but a game that has been anticipating most of the season is defending champ waco lavega v carthage

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
My Chaps playing for yet another state title. Record not great in the title game but I got a good feeling about this Westlake team.

Really wish we'd have gone after the Mangum kid. We could use those sure hands on our receiving corp. he decommitted from arkie after CM was fired but committed to Cal the other day.
It is probable that our crack staff has other intangibles they are looking for in WR prospects...

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Duncanville hammered Rockwall and Northshore is hammering Lake Travis so looking like a rematch of that insane game from last year.
We went to the Duncanville/Rockwall game. It was 28-0 in the first quarter. Rockwall QB was inaccuarate, to say the least. And the worst part was...the Rockwall fight song was the Aggie War Hymn.

Eight

mart thursday morning is going for a third consecutive state title.

they have 12 sophomores on their roster of 22 players so after a few early season losses against some very good competition they have gotten on a roll.

grandview and pottsboro play after mart and hamlin and grandview as well is trying to repeat. if you are interested in potential future frogs dametrious crownover of grandview is a 6'7" 230 lb dt/dt/te/wr who has an offer from the frogs for 2021

friday's games include texarkana pleasant grove which might have the best defensive line in the state right now with three juniors who are garnering d-1 offers. frogs have offered the two defensive ends, landon jackson and marcus burns as part of the 2021 class.

Froggish

https://www.uiltexas.org/football/state

Starts Wednesday morning with the Six Man 1A Div 1 championship. The McLean Tigers vs. the Bobcats of Blum. Defending champ McLean comes in after beating Rankin 97-81. Maybe we should check out their offensive coordinator.

We laugh but a significant amount of innovation enters the college ranks after having been designed and refined at the high school level.

DickBumpastache

IMO best game of the weekend will be Denton Ryan/Shadow Creek on Friday night. Both teams have top-tier FBS talent and both have breezed through their respective regions in the playoffs. Thought Frisco Lone Star might be the best team in the division and Ryan just crushed them on Saturday.

Most fun games...
- Gunter/Paul Pewitt: Might be played in under 2 hours. Both teams run almost every down; PP uses more traditional option/veer tactics. Gunter does a lot of everything on the ground. Evenly matched teams who very few people expected to make it here.

- Pottsboro/Grandview: IMO a lot of points will be scored here. Pottsboro has a really good QB and two TALL receivers who will stretch the field.

- La Vega/Carthage: Dog fight, bloodbath. No team plays more pissed off than LV.

Eight

IMO best game of the weekend will be Denton Ryan/Shadow Creek on Friday night. Both teams have top-tier FBS talent and both have breezed through their respective regions in the playoffs. Thought Frisco Lone Star might be the best team in the division and Ryan just crushed them on Saturday.

Most fun games...
- Gunter/Paul Pewitt: Might be played in under 2 hours. Both teams run almost every down; PP uses more traditional option/veer tactics. Gunter does a lot of everything on the ground. Evenly matched teams who very few people expected to make it here.

- Pottsboro/Grandview: IMO a lot of points will be scored here. Pottsboro has a really good QB and two TALL receivers who will stretch the field.

- La Vega/Carthage: Dog fight, bloodbath. No team plays more pissed off than LV.

talked to someone who was at la vega's win over argyle and he said la vega just physically whipped argyle.

carthage is very, very talented and have a great staff, but this might be the biggest challenge that surratt might have faced at carthage

Purp

My favorite week(s) of the year...... signing day, state championship games, Christmas. I’ll easily watch at least half of these games from start to finish.
My daughter will be a year old on Friday. Due to the timing of her birth I watched every single state title game last year from start to finish. Even timed our discharge from the hospital so we could drive home between games.

It was a great week all the way around until North Shore pulled off that miracle in the last second. My dad is a Duncanville HS grad and I grew up a fan going to every game with my grandpa.