• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football bracing for possible staff departures

Frog-in-law1995

I guess you could also count Randy Shannon. Drifted around and became a DC at UCF I think.

Before coming to TCU, Shannon won a natty during his 6 years as DC at Miami, before becoming their head coach for 4 seasons. I don’t think his 1 year here was what got him the UCF job, or the DC/assistant HC job at Florida prior to UCF.

Pharm Frog

If that’s the complete list I’d suggest that’s a rather poor resume of assistant coach development. But some people aren’t developers and still awesome at their craft.

Before coming to TCU, Shannon won a natty during his 6 years as DC at Miami, before becoming their head coach for 4 seasons. I don’t think his 1 year here was what got him the UCF job, or the DC/assistant HC job at Florida prior to UCF.
Did I say that coaching withTCU got him a DC job? Or did I say he might count as someone who coached under GP who later got a better job? Good grief.

Rabidfrog

Our players were underperforming ALL year. Motivation, primadonnas, lazy, this and more. Transfers from the program(s) are abundant and not just football; but this is about Gary's program.

It's a start anyway. Good luck toads your house needs fixing.
I essentially agree, After SMU I feel that some of them knew a championship was not in the cards and started looking at their hole card. This attitude manifested itself in the Iowa State game.

Frog-in-law1995

Did I say that coaching withTCU got him a DC job? Or did I say he might count as someone who coached under GP who later got a better job? Good grief.

You were responding to a question about guys who had coached under GP then went on to better jobs after “learning the defensive side of the line of scrimmage.” Hope you understand my confusion.

Tumbleweed

Name a big time OC at high school level would could transition to to the B12? There r many high school coaches on this site that can answer that question..Also two ex high school head coaches who took their team to the state finals. Know one I would like to hear from who took their teams to the top a few times. For those out of the area and hv forgotten, state finals in high school are a big deal and attended by 40 evn 50K at games.

jake102

Let me rephrase that.... I think all those mentioned are assets to the staff. As far as the problem..... the offense is the problem. I’m not smart enough to know what the exact solution is.

Cumbie was mentioned.....

And I personally can’t give Thomsen a complete pass. That was abysmal

Horny4TCU

Someone for the grace of God, get Anderson off the coaching staff... No one wants him, and it's a clear sign. Why would GP keep him on staff, when no other respectable would even consider him.

researchfrog

Someone for the grace of God, get Anderson off the coaching staff... No one wants him, and it's a clear sign. Why would GP keep him on staff, when no other respectable would even consider him.

Because he is supposedly a good recruiter and analysts can't do in-person recruiting?

Froggish

I don’t know if Cumbie is the weak link or not. I suspect he is but there’s no way of knowing for certain. I can tell you who the weak links are in my company and I would imagine most the staff knows who the problem is...

I know when an offense consistently underperforms, there is a guy who has a title and pay grade that’s suppose to be accountable for such underperforming. At this point it’s clear that GP doesn’t think the problem is bad enough to make any changes. Doesn’t really matter what we as fans think. GP is gonna GP

4th. down

I don’t know if Cumbie is the weak link or not. I suspect he is but there’s no way of knowing for certain. I can tell you who the weak links are in my company and I would imagine most the staff knows who the problem is...

I know when an offense consistently underperforms, there is a guy who has a title and pay grade that’s suppose to be accountable for such underperforming. At this point it’s clear that GP doesn’t think the problem is bad enough to make any changes. Doesn’t really matter what we as fans think. GP is gonna GP

In the big corporate world, changes would have already occurred. The problem here is, no one will challenge GP, except 1 time that I can recall, and that was Bochini on the Turp fiasco. Other than that, he is off limits.

CountryFrog

In the big corporate world, changes would have already occurred. The problem here is, no one will challenge GP, except 1 time that I can recall, and that was Bochini on the Turp fiasco. Other than that, he is off limits.
In the big corporate world, there are plenty of leaders who have been guilty of far worse than GP ever has been without any changes ever being made.

Latest posts