• The KillerFrogs

OT: How do you manage the extra drama of the holiday season?

HFrog1999

The bible says in Proverbs 17:22: A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. But each year around this time this standard is put to the test. In the silly season, we start to see more people on the roads, in the shops and malls. This translates into more people driving erratically, cutting people off, honking horns, etc. In the stores, you will see people look to cut in line or other folks will be less aware of your personal space or even hold others up due to their absentmindedness.

1. What have you experienced and what things do you do to keep your composure and a merry heart?
2. Do you share these ideas with friends or family or let them fend for themselves?
3. Do you think things are getting better or worse in this area?

giphy.gif

lowfrog

I recommend reading this book:

Skipping Christmas by John Grisham

Imagine a year without Christmas. No crowded malls, no corny office parties, no fruitcakes, no unwanted presents. That’s just what Luther and Nora Krank have in mind when they decide that, just this once, they’ll skip the holiday altogether. Theirs will be the only house on Hemlock Street without a rooftop Frosty, they won’t be hosting their annual Christmas Eve bash, they aren’t even going to have a tree. They won’t need one, because come December 25 they’re setting sail on a Caribbean cruise. But as this weary couple is about to discover, skipping Christmas brings enormous consequences—and isn’t half as easy as they’d imagined.

pgdaly84

Christmas is easily my favorite time of the year and I’ve never spent one second considering the concept of there being extra drama I need to deal with.

Same here. It’s by far my favorite time of year. It’s the epitome of the outrage culture that we live in that people can somehow turn this season into a negative.

ThisIsOurTime

Imagine a year without Christmas. No crowded malls, no corny office parties, no fruitcakes, no unwanted presents. That’s just what Luther and Nora Krank have in mind when they decide that, just this once, they’ll skip the holiday altogether. Theirs will be the only house on Hemlock Street without a rooftop Frosty, they won’t be hosting their annual Christmas Eve bash, they aren’t even going to have a tree. They won’t need one, because come December 25 they’re setting sail on a Caribbean cruise. But as this weary couple is about to discover, skipping Christmas brings enormous consequences—and isn’t half as easy as they’d imagined.
Was this turned into a movie with Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!

Luv the movie.

HFrog1999

I’ve had a problem with the Holiday blues this year. It’s been a hard few years after losing my Mom and Father in Law, plus my Dad and Mother in Law’s cancer and my wife’s shooting.

I see Christmas traditions as a way to lift spirits in an otherwise dark and cold part of the year. So I just try to enjoy it as much as possible

Salfrog

Tier 1
The holidays are the hardest time of the year for me. I lost my grandmother & dad on the exact same day 3 years apart right after Thanksgiving a few years ago, and now going thru 2 terminal illnesses with working long hours because of the holidays due to career. The stress level is at its highest and have been dealing with the illnesses one right after the other over the last couple of years. It's taking it's toll and is becoming absolutely hard to keep the faith anymore. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer and unloading, but frustration is at a all time high. Again, sorry for venting my fellow Frog family.

I do wish everyone here a very happy & safe holiday. Enjoy every day, every minute, and every second that you have with your loved ones.