• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

CountryFrog

I'm much more concerned with the lack of player development recently by the staff than relationships with HS coaches. Not saying that it couldn't potentially be improved because I have no idea it just seems we have bigger issues right now

Moose Stuff

no one said gary doesn't allow high school coaches access to his program, but there are other programs in the state right now who are doubling down in working those relationships.

heck, gary spoke at the thsca meeting in 2018 so it isn't as if he isn't present, but we are limited in the support staff working a very big state and that is where some of the difference comes from in this area.

It’s certainly being suggested that his program is rather inaccessible. I disagree with that.

CountryFrog

I completely agree. I think that rule needs to be changed but it benefits us this year for sure
I'm ok with the rule. It's somewhat similar to pro sports teams getting higher draft picks when they suck except obviously not nearly as impactful. In general I don't think you actually create much of a tangible advantage with this though.

MTfrog5

Please clarify "that rule" you're referring to for me and possibly others...
I think some of the dead periods need to be adjusted. Think it’s kind of [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] for coaches to have to coach practice then jump on a plane to go recruit and repeat the next day. Or coaches aren’t even at practice because they are recruiting.