• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

JugbandFrog

He almost was but they apparently hashed some things out. Believe he may, and that’s a big may, do one last Bond movie after this one.

This one could be his last, however.
Maybe, I’m just getting old, while I loved the action, and the Bond girls, I never seemed to understand what the hell was going on in any of the Daniel Craig Bond movies.

Chongo94

Maybe, I’m just getting old, while I loved the action, and the Bond girls, I never seemed to understand what the hell was going on in any of the Daniel Craig Bond movies.

Basically just a reboot of the entire series. Reintroduced Spectre and Bloefeldt and all that...at least that’s how I took them.

JugbandFrog

Speaking of Daniel Craig, he was excellent in Knives Out. Saw that with the family over Thanksgiving. Really fun movie with a great ensemble cast. Ana de Armas had a great role and is easy on the eyes.
She is stunning. I used to follow her on the Instagram, but I had to stop cuz I would just gaze at the screen. Same thing with Gal Gadot. Those new Wonder Woman promos...oh man..

x84zQmiTbJMCHaX78

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Wife happened to catch the “Cats” commercial this afternoon. Do I lose my man card if I agree to go with her to see it?
I saw the stageplay at the National Theatre in Washington DC and was bored to death. I can't imagine the 2D version will be much better.
Dame Judy Dench and Taylor Swift. Really?

tetonfrog

Did anyone watch The Boys on Amazon? That was straight up awesome. Highly recommend it. They recently released a teaser for season 2.

I thought Season 1 was great...................the only disappointing part is they went away from the graphic novels during the surprise! ending in Season 1. I hope they don't drift as far away from the novels like they did with the AMC TV Preacher series. The source material is so great and the TV Preacher was crap by the end. I hope The Boys avoids that fate because Garth Ennis' novels are so twisted they are awesome.

Chongo94

I thought Season 1 was great...................the only disappointing part is they went away from the graphic novels during the surprise! ending in Season 1. I hope they don't drift as far away from the novels like they did with the AMC TV Preacher series. The source material is so great and the TV Preacher was crap by the end. I hope The Boys avoids that fate because Garth Ennis' novels are so twisted they are awesome.

I need to read them. Agree with you on Preacher. It got so bad I didn’t even watch the last season and a half.

Sadly they did not put a date on that trailer but I’m guessing Boys season 2 will be out around June/July.

Froglaw

Wife happened to catch the “Cats” commercial this afternoon. Do I lose my man card if I agree to go with her to see it?

Yes but you get to sleep through the night without having to worry about what kitchen implement she brought to bed.

I saw it wth the ex and it was okay. A former TCU dancer was the Rumbus Cat(?).

Go, double vodkas at half time and you're good for another six weeks then back to monthly flowers and begging forgiveness.