• The KillerFrogs

Will this Armed Forces matchup get much excitement here?

Brog

Here's the word on the Armed Forces Bowl. What do you think?

The Armed Forces Bowl will be played Saturday, Jan. 4, 2020 at 10:30 a.m. and will be televised on ESPN. The two rivals will be Southern Miss and Tulane. (And of course, it's here at TCU.)

None of the stories I read about this say whether that 10:30 AM time is Central or Eastern time. Sure hope it's Central. Can't say that I know very many Southern Miss and/or Tulane fans around here.

Frogo

Will this be the first time no service academy has played in the AF Bowl? (Maybe I haven't been paying attention).

ShadowFrog

Moderators
And once that Bowl is over please Remove all 500 of your fans vehicles from the UCC lots—we got the Boars Head & Yule Log Festival to convene the rest of the afternoon & night!

WhatTheFrog

I would have gone (and had 4 tickets in hand), but TCU is not involved and I have in-law holiday stuff planned for that same weekend, so this will be the first year in 5 or 6 years that I will not attend. I gave my tickets to a friend that will attend in my place.

As it is, I really don't care (other than breaking tradition).

Chongo94

I’ll probably go. Always liked Tulane and glad they are doing well. Some Tulane students went to TCU and Tech for a while until things got cleaned up after Katrina.

Brog

And once that Bowl is over please Remove all 500 of your fans vehicles from the UCC lots—we got the Boars Head & Yule Log Festival to convene the rest of the afternoon & night!

Oh my goodness. Well that really sets a high priority for those who attend the game., doesn't it.

Brog

If the football game starts at 10:30, looks like there's plenty of time for basketball late in the afternoon.