• The KillerFrogs

We just ignoring Rhule trying to play a concussed Brewer today?

froginmn

Hard to say Rhule knew and put him out there anyway. Sometimes you don’t know where a player’s head is at and he may not have seen him wobble around. There are a lot of moving parts in a football game to monitor (yes I know he’s the most important part.) I believe saying yeah he knew and did it anyway could potentially have some confirmation bias. Briles on the other hand we could always safely assume the worst .
Considering that Brewer went to Rhule and asked to be pulled against K State for the same reason, you'd think the coach would have a better focus on the health of his QB.

froginmn

Hard to say Rhule knew and put him out there anyway. Sometimes you don’t know where a player’s head is at and he may not have seen him wobble around. There are a lot of moving parts in a football game to monitor (yes I know he’s the most important part.) I believe saying yeah he knew and did it anyway could potentially have some confirmation bias. Briles on the other hand we could always safely assume the worst .
And, Holly Rowe reported in game that Rhule came over to talk to Brewer after the hit, so it's hard to say he knew nothing. Given the history it's even tougher.

don't recall the whole story other than there was an issue in communication, gary acted a bit strongly, and it did draw a bit of national attention
I believe that the doctor did not communicate to the coaches who were trying to run a personnel package that used Wesley and he was nowhere to be found. GP yelled at the doctor about that which hurt his feelings so he whined about it to some reporter. GP did not yell at him about diagnosing a concussion.

Mean Purple

I believe that the doctor did not communicate to the coaches who were trying to run a personnel package that used Wesley and he was nowhere to be found. GP yelled at the doctor about that which hurt his feelings so he whined about it to some reporter. GP did not yell at him about diagnosing a concussion.
Was the reporter Muck? cause Muck sucks. Not really related to the topic, just sayin'.

FinanceFrog

a ref stepping in for an injury and taking a player off the field - does this happen often? I’ve never heard of it but im a moron and don’t pay that much attention.

MinFrog

Anyone have video of Defee sending him off the field? I’ve seen the hit, but I was curious what the rest of the events looked like.

Zubaz

Think it was he was never told about it from the doctors and had to be told from others that Ed was being held out which is why he was pissed at the doctors
This is correct. Wesley got a concussion, the doc pulled him, Patterson didnt know that, and we all know what in-game GP is like so he has a....let's call it "spirited" discussion about getting Wesley back in the game (he didn't get back in, it should be noted). The doc later told his side and said GP asked what right he had to take him out of the game. Patterson didn't do himself any favors when a day or two after the game he said something like "As far as I'm concerned, he was fine to go back in 10 minutes after it happened". Both of them later clarified that the issue was one of communication, that Patterson wasn't aware Wesley had been knocked out. Whether that's true or was a PC deal, who knows.

All that said, it was almost 10 years ago, and while we we shouldn't pretend like that was the "walk it off" era, we are a lot more sensitive to the issue now and everyone knows to be WAY more careful in 2019 than 2010.