• The KillerFrogs

OT - Cannonball Run record

Chongo94

Last edited:

netty2424

This was actually kinda fascinating to read about ie the souped up car and gadgets they had. I remember the movies from when I was a kid. They did it in less than 28 hours...

Apparently their top speed was 193 mph.

These guys finished a record Cannonball Run from New York to L.A., averaging 103 mph. Here’s how.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/12/06/these-guys-finished-record-cannonball-run-new-york-la-averaging-mph-heres-how/?outputType=amp
Hard to imagine they could make it that fast. I drive from California to Arlington and it took me 3 days. Granted I wanted to make a slow trip out of it so I limited my drive time, but 28 hours coast to coast is insane.

Chongo94

Hard to imagine they could make it that fast. I drive from California to Arlington and it took me 3 days. Granted I wanted to make a slow trip out of it so I limited my drive time, but 28 hours coast to coast is insane.

Agreed, I can’t even imagine. In my younger and far more stupid days I pegged some cars over 100 and even then my grip was vise-like and white knuckled.

I can’t imagine AVERAGING 103 mph for the distance and time associated with their endeavor.

Heck, in undergrad, going the long way, it took me 13 hours to get from Manhattan, KS to West Texas. And that was with me speeding and getting pulled over.

Mean Purple

Once upon a time I got from the Alpine area to Fort Worth averaging 108
Flag Staff to Phoenix averaging about 95 is about the fastest I have done for extended distance. And I got passed by quite a few folks coming down the hill.
It was after midnight and that stretch was a speedway back in the 90s.

HFrog1999

Am I the only one here who thinks this was an incredibly stupid endeavor?

tenor.gif