• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Eight

Speaking of LBs, Jordan has a nice frame and I hope he can make his way into the rotation and I really like the way Winters closes on a ball carrier...I'm hoping they give him a look at Gaines old Safety spot. He could really be that hybrid we need.

there is nice potential at linebacker with wallow and what we saw from winters, harris, and weaver. i am curious what we see especially from harris and winters with a spring to better learn the defense.

i hope jordan is patient and puts in his time. wallow is gone after next year and while i like weaver and harris a great deal i feel much more comfortable with them in the center of the defense and not out trying to cover a slot receiver.

the frogs project to only having 4 seniors on defense next year (workman, bethley, blacklock, and wallow) so good things could be in order if some of these young guys begin to develop

Mavsman53

I listened to the Frogcast podcast today. Some notes-

They have 6 scholarships available

Staff is looking at Omar Manning again. Weird rule, he would not count against the 6 open scholarships they have because he was a former student

QB Chandler Morris is the top QB they are after. They have met with him several times this week already

Jeremy didn't say it, but sounds like Bud Clark to TCU is a done deal

Biggest needs right now are WR and DE

Eight

FWIW the staff has contacted all 3 Stanford transfers.

interesting trio from stanford.

williams is a home town kid who has been solid for stanford inside and i think if ross were to leave for the nfl he would ease the transition of the young guys. rotation of williams, bethley, and cooper would be nice. actually a rotation of ross, bethley, cooper, and williams would be really nice inside for the frogs.

swan might look a bit short for a de at 6'2", but he has played a great deal (39 games and started most of last year) 10 career sacks and 18 tfl's for the last two years which is better than the 3 1/2 sacks and 15 tfl's from colt, bowen, mathis, and workman during their time at tcu

schaffer is an interesting one. he is originally from austria and played for a club football team there that made a trip to play a game in houston. a side trip to ut-austin got him excited about playing football in the us so he moved to lake forest, illinois for his senior year in high school.

he showed enough potential he got an offer from stanford and based upon the fact his major at stanford is listed as ecnomics/ science, technology & society he is fairly sharp

schaffer didn't play much his first two years at stanford and played 8 games this year. he is a bit of an unknown, but a big dude and he really only has 4 years of coaching

RoyaltyWorePurple

interesting trio from stanford.

williams is a home town kid who has been solid for stanford inside and i think if ross were to leave for the nfl he would ease the transition of the young guys. rotation of williams, bethley, and cooper would be nice. actually a rotation of ross, bethley, cooper, and williams would be really nice inside for the frogs.

swan might look a bit short for a de at 6'2", but he has played a great deal (39 games and started most of last year) 10 career sacks and 18 tfl's for the last two years which is better than the 3 1/2 sacks and 15 tfl's from colt, bowen, mathis, and workman during their time at tcu

schaffer is an interesting one. he is originally from austria and played for a club football team there that made a trip to play a game in houston. a side trip to ut-austin got him excited about playing football in the us so he moved to lake forest, illinois for his senior year in high school.

he showed enough potential he got an offer from stanford and based upon the fact his major at stanford is listed as ecnomics/ science, technology & society he is fairly sharp

schaffer didn't play much his first two years at stanford and played 8 games this year. he is a bit of an unknown, but a big dude and he really only has 4 years of coaching
This is some great insight and some exciting news. If our staff believes they fit, then by all means...

Eight

This is some great insight and some exciting news. If our staff believes they fit, then by all means...

agree, and i do think kids who played at stanford and david shaw would be academic/character risks.

even if the frogs only hit on williams and swan you get two guys who started in the pac last year and been productive against some good offenses regardless of what the cfp thinks of the pac

Figured this is as good a place as any: After having knee surgery earlier this year, Aledo’s Jase McClellan (Oklahoma commit) returned for the playoffs. He helped Aledo dominate Royse City last week but he just had to be helped off the field with a leg injury.

Moose Stuff

agree, and i do think kids who played at stanford and david shaw would be academic/character risks.

even if the frogs only hit on williams and swan you get two guys who started in the pac last year and been productive against some good offenses regardless of what the cfp thinks of the pac

I assume your first paragraph was supposed to read the opposite way.

CryptoMiner

A couple of small school prospects getting some looks

Charles Drost TE 6-4/235 St Louis Catholic Lake Charles LA

Harmon West LB 6-2/200 Alto, TX Beast of a player

Moose Stuff

true, but i can take you to some restaurants in houston that turn out the fare and in all honesty stay on i-10 east until you hit the atlantic and you can find that food.

Except that’s a players mom who cooked it. And I’m combining the picture with who we recently offered.