• The KillerFrogs

Official J. Garrett is Fired/ New Hire Poll

Who do you want as the new Dallas Cowboys coach?

• Matt Rhule

• Lincoln Riley

• Urban Meyer

• Josh McDaniels

• Joe Brady

• Mike McCarthy

Results are only viewable after voting.

FrogCop19

In reality Jerry is head coach and Jason is his head assistant. Until Jerry quits trying to coach the team, it won't matter who he hires. His ego is too big to allow a good coach to come in long term and run it the new coach's way. Jerry wants the credit instead of sitting back like most owners not named Danny Snyder and let the football people do what is best. The most valuable franchise on earth, and they can't win diddly squat.

Even as a die-hard Cowboys fan, I could not agree with this more. Watch any NFL game and count how many times the camera focuses on the owner of the team. Then watch a Cowboys game. Get a first down? There's Jerry. Block a pass? Jerry. Garret claps and smiles? JerryCam! Touchdown? Wait for the next play, we gotta catch Jerry high-fiving his son/grandson/wife/nephew/cousin in the JerryBox!

I guarantee that Jerry is the only owner in the NFL that every other fanbase can identify by name and/or by sight. Maybe, like you mentioned, Dan Snyder, and for exactly the same reason: ego brought on by money.

We should invent a drinking game where every time they show the owner of an NFL team on screen, everyone has to take a shot. Anyone watching a Dallas game would die of alcohol poisoning before the first half.

Wexahu

Even as a die-hard Cowboys fan, I could not agree with this more. Watch any NFL game and count how many times the camera focuses on the owner of the team. Then watch a Cowboys game. Get a first down? There's Jerry. Block a pass? Jerry. Garret claps and smiles? JerryCam! Touchdown? Wait for the next play, we gotta catch Jerry high-fiving his son/grandson/wife/nephew/cousin in the JerryBox!

I guarantee that Jerry is the only owner in the NFL that every other fanbase can identify by name and/or by sight. Maybe, like you mentioned, Dan Snyder, and for exactly the same reason: ego brought on by money.

We should invent a drinking game where every time they show the owner of an NFL team on screen, everyone has to take a shot. Anyone watching a Dallas game would die of alcohol poisoning before the first half.

Name another Owner or GM that takes interviews after each game to discuss the state of the team and how they played. You know, something that is in almost every other case reserved for the head coach. It's so backward. Garrett is terrible, but the Head Coach in the Cowboys organization chart is basically just a placeholder position.

ftwfrog

I guarantee that Jerry is the only owner in the NFL that every other fanbase can identify by name and/or by sight. Maybe, like you mentioned, Dan Snyder, and for exactly the same reason: ego brought on by.
I guarantee that Jerry is the only GM in the NFL that every other fanbase can identify by name and/or by sight.

Jerry the owner? Fantastic. A hall of famer.
Jerry the GM? Circus clown.

Name another GM hat talks to the media after the game. Name another GM that shows up for press conferences to announce a heavyweight prize fight at their stadium. It’s a circus.

All that said. Fire Garrett a month ago

Zubaz

Kind of my point. He’s the owner. Not the GM.
Lots of owners in sports are over-the-top, media whores. GM usually carry themselves like, I dunno, a professional.
Ah, right. I get your meaning.

...wait isn't Belichick the GM of the Pats as well as the HC? So I guess him maybe?

Portland Frog

From BR. Smh

Dallas Cowboys
owner Jerry Jones said following the team's 31-24 loss to the Chicago Bears on Thursday night that failures in the roster-building process fall on the general manager, which is a role he also fills for the organization.

Jane Slater of the NFL Network passed along Jones' comments from an interview on 105.3 The Fan radio in Dallas on Friday, in which he accepted his share of the blame. He also discussed speculation surrounding whether head coach Jason Garrett has lost the ability to lead the team.

"As far as quitting on Jason Garrett, when you quit on the coach, you quit on yourself," he said.

Volare

The Cowboys are such a [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] show right now. How do you screw up "we want to defer" or "we want the ball"?? Since Dak is a dumbass the Rams get both the 1st half and 2nd half kickoffs.

Jerry got his payment in on time and this was corrected.

Hemingway

I think Garrett needs to go to the super bowl to keep his job. So as of right now Garrett is going to have to beat Philadelphia to make it in. Then... beat the Niners of Vikes. Then beat Seahawks in Seattle, then beat Green Bay on the road. Lol. There’s just no way. They have the talent but too inconsistent.