• The KillerFrogs

Tale of the tape

flyfishingfrog

More:

49175150048_160e3262f0_b.jpg

* Denotes B12 Co-Champion
** Denotes played in conference championship game

No non-conference games, no conference championship games, no bowl games. Just straight up conference play records.
Wow - so the last time we have had “mediocre” years back to back we won the conference championship The next year?

that is awesome - I am so psyched up now for next year!!!!

Thanks for pointing out that GP led us to a title the last time we struggled in back to back years!!!!!

HG73

Here's my take on all this stat crap. I got these stats from ESPN, shows all games including the recent Big12 championship game, so Baylor and OU have 13 games and everyone else has 12. I would have preferred just the Big12 but I don't want to look for it. Total yards of offense minus total yards defense gives NET yards per game. Compared to Baylor, we had 72 net yards per game to their 74.
Yet the average points per game differential (points scored minus points allowed) shows Baylor at +16 and us at +4. They got a lot more points out of their 74 net yards than we did.
Baylor averaged +1 turnover margin per game and we averaged 0 (20 turnovers and 20 takeaways). Both teams had solid kickers, we made 96% of field goal attempts and they made 84%.
Baylor was better in the red zone and won the turnover battle. That got them to overtime in the Big12 championship game after losing their senior QB.
I believe quarterback was the difference. They had a senior and we had a freshman.